Trim Tabs for Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

10forty2

I asked a machinist friend of mine to make a couple of aluminum trim tabs for me and we installed them this weekend. We made the tabs from 3/16" aluminum, cut at 6" x 10", with a 10 degree angle break leaving 4" hanging off the ride plates. Mounted with three (3) countersunk allen-head screws and stainless nylon lock nuts.

After one test run, in VERY rough water..... there was NO.... I repeat.... NO porpoising!! I will say, though, I did lose about 5mph top end and when coming off throttle from top speed, she wanted to roll a bit, so I learned quickly to ease off the throttle instead of just cutting power at once. There is also quite a bit more pull/yaw to port when under power. I've got to discuss the engineering with my friend and see if we can make any adjustments to the design that might tune out those two things.

(FYI, sorry for the repost on this subject. I also posted this under the original poster's Trim Tab thread, but wanted it to be discoverable on a search for others who might be looking for a design for trim tabs for a Sea Doo, since no one seems to make a specific application for them.)

Attachments

• IMG_20190629_160403679.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20190629_160418725.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
These are interesting since I was looking for trim tabs for my 99 challenger 1800.
Let me know how they work on further testing. I was looking at the nauticus trim tabs and upon looking in the forums they seem to work great but you lose your reverse since they block it. ( not that it works well anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back