1992 XP Fuel pickup line lengths

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

metalwrkr

What is the length difference between the reserve and the main fuel pickup lines?
Been sitting for a while and found no fuel to start. Turns out after pulling the pickup out of the fuel tank, the pickup lines have deteriorated and have broken off.
I have fuel lines and filters but want to keep the original lengths.
Also any suggestions about getting out the old filters and chunks of old hose out to fuel tank without pulling it out.
I have pulled most of the fuel. I was thinking of putting a small fan and drying out the tank then inserting a small vacuum hose?

As per the online parts microfiche, 156mm and 196mm. When I did mine I made the main line a bit shorter so my reserve was larger. I'm always scared of being caught to far from the dock and out of gas. These machines really don't have much of a range.

Its going to be hard to clean out the tank in the ski. You can give your idea a try but I'm not sure you will get it all out. My fuel hose disintegrated into a bunch of little pieces and there was lots of sludge. I pulled the tank out of the ski to clean it. But II don't think you can do it with the engine in there. Hopefully your tank is in better condition than mine was and you can get everything out.

I was able to suck out the fuel and used the vacuum to pull the filters and almost all the rubber residue. Now I’ve lost which line comes down from the reserve main tank switch so I don’t switch them. I believe the lower line is the out to carb line and the looking into the holes of the switch the right is main tank and left is reserve? Anyone confirm?

I’m not exactly understanding which line your not sure about so hopefully this helps? From the fuel selector Labelled on selector OUT goes to fuel filter, RES on selector goes to RES on fuel baffle, it’s embossed on the fuel baffle. ON from selector goes to ON on the baffle. Main inlet line to carb goes to the fuel filter and the return lines from carb goes to RET in the fuel baffle. Hopefully this helps

Back