180 challenger dash/instrument panel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sstorti

Hi all,

I recently had my bilge blower switch replaced since it was broken and ever since my dash panel is loose and moves in and out of where it's supposed to sit. I already looked behind the seat and only noticed a bolt missing so I got a lock nut but then realized there was nowhere for it to sit on. Attached are pictures. Any help is appreciated. And to make it clear the dash panel easily move when going over a wake and light hand pressure.

Thanks
Sam
93.jpg
94.jpg

I would get some fender washers an gentle snug to nut down with a deep well socket. Just snug, doesn't have to be tight just enough to hold it against the fiberglass shown in the photo. You could always build up a few washers is need be. You might want to pick up a couple different sizes of fender washers and try them to see what work best.

Use a piece of 1/4 plywood and make a rectangular washer. Drill a hole and snug it up to the fiberglass. All done.

I would get some fender washers an gentle snug to nut down with a deep well socket. Just snug, doesn't have to be tight just enough to hold it against the fiberglass shown in the photo. You could always build up a few washers is need be. You might want to pick up a couple different sizes of fender washers and try them to see what work best.

+1 Maybe go with some plastic washers. Your local Ace Hardware will have something.

Ok I am going to me local ace sometime this week. Out of curiosity do any of you know how it's held from the factory?

Do you think where it mounts is supposed to be cut off at the top or is that damage from service. Only reason I wondering is since the dealer the boat was at when the switched was replaced has messed up 4/5 services I have had done there.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back