'08 C180 Old post from 2 years ago. Looking to see if anyone else has issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMiller76

Hello, I am just making conversation and thought I would bring up an issue I had nearly 2 years ago on my brand new 2008 C180. I used to be a member under the name 'seatys501' if you want to do a search and see my posts. What I am curious of is if anyone else with a 2008 C180 had issues with the swim deck getting stress cracks. My first season I only put on about 4 hours before I took it to get winterized. My mechanic noticed stress cracking all over the back deck. Very hard to see but it outlined small rectangular boards that are imbedded in the fiberglass. I took it to the dealer and they said warranty did not cover stress cracks. After going back and forth they offered to have it fixed by a local body shop. The story gets even better if you read my old posts. I did get it back A YEAR LATER and it was fixed properly. The body shop said there was not nearly enough material on the swim deck to support anyone. It was clearly a manufacturing mistake. Has anyone else noticed any stress cracks on the swim deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back