07 yamaha gpr 1300????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i am looking at 2 2007 yamaha gp 1300r that are In mint condition about 110 hours on both i was always a 787 rotax guy:hurray: never looked into yamaha though the things i love about them are the looks, speed and thats its 2 stroke so i have some hope knowing my basic way around it as opposed to 4 stroke where i know nothing:willy_nilly: and i can still get 4 stroke speed basically just wondering did any body own these (around this year not 98)and does anyone know about reliability etc.... thanx in advance :thumbsup:

I've not ridden one, it's 170HP and a 2 seater so it should be pretty fast, most rental places use Yamaha's because of their reliability, and 110 hours is nothing for a 4-stroke. Probably a little late in the year for a test ride. If the price is right go for it.

Lou

O.K., I just looked it up and you are correct, I didn't think any mfr. was making a 2-stroke in 2007, so I don't know. I think maybe Spim owned a similar model.

Personally my next ski will be a 4-stroke.

Lou

Those triple motors are notorious for burning up the middle piston. Otherwise GPRs are like our x4s of the yammi world. Other than that the only other issue I've heard of is power valve issues.

There's 2 skis I'd sell my x4 for. An r12x and a gprsho.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to check compression in all three holes and if buying as running 30 minutes water test ride is mandatory if he's asking full price. Otherwise might need a motor?

The oiling system should be bypassed on these IMO, run pre-mix and make sure no carbs run lean or dry. One thing I like about a two-cylinder is it's easier to know when one cylinder has fueling problems.

The Yamahaha's seem to run a long time if taken care of, they use less expensive more prevalent TCW3 oil.

It could need alot of things. My friend bought one I forget the year. He drove it, had a new battery in it. Well when we went out on a longer trip, turned out the stator was bad, and previous owner used some kind of tape on filler neck, it ended up corroding and gummed up fuel system. Lines and carbs had to be cleaned/changed. Check it over good and goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back