06 Speedster 200 Port Side Engine Ground Location???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boat: 2006 Sea Doo Speedster 200 Wake

For the short version, skip to the "***"

Background for those wishing to read: Bought the boat in October. Have been using it religiously since the weather broke in the Northeast (early May I guess). This past Saturday, I was towing a tube with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend and as I make a turn, the port side engine rpms drop and I get a loud beep. While in the water, I noticed that the oil filter cap had a little pool of oil where the screw goes, so that got me thinking that I'm low on oil and the oil pressure is dropping at higher rpms when the engine needs more oil. After repeating this numerous times, I found that above 5,000 rpms, I get the a drop of 500-1,000 rpms, the beep and the volt light comes on.

What I've done that has not worked:
1. Tightened Oil cap screw and topped up Oil
2. Gutted the TOPS valve (put it back together)
3. Switched TOPS valves from one engine to another
4. Replaced the Oil Pressure Sensor (OPS) under the throttle body
5. Switched the Oil Sender Pressure Sensors (OSPS) from one engine to another

Then I today, I think to what the boat is doing. I forgot about the volt light. Do a little light research and I find a thread suggesting a bad rectifier or a bad ground.

*** The ground wire***
Pull up the back seats and start following ground wires.

So, I find this guy on the port side engine:
IMG_1688.JPG

I follow it and it looks to go to the back of the boat between the two motors:
IMG_1690.JPG

I give it a light pull and it has no home. Where does it go?
IMG_1692.JPG

Fingers crossed that this will solve my dilema once I know where it goes. I appreciate everyone's help in advance.

Update: I put the ground in the same location on the starboard motor. Tested it in the driveway, brought the rpms up to 8,000 and no beep or loss of rpms. Thought I had it fixed.

Went onto the lake to test and same problem minus the volt light. I am completely defeated right now.

I also forgot to mention that I lost my depth finder too when all of this started, so I don't know if that is related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back