Speedster 200 - Anyone actually replace fuel filers???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Has anyone ever actually completed this job? I am in the process of replacing port side fuel pump and filters and the port side fuel pump has next to no room to get the pump out and back in.

I had to pulll the starboard pump out and use its hole to put my arm in for access to the bottom half of the port side pump. Then I disassembled the port side pump while still in the fuel tank, so the cap came out of the port side’s hole with the internal pump and the aluminum float came out of the starboard side‘s hole. Now I’m trying to assemble two pieces inside the fuel tank in reverse order. I’m lucky it got dark and had to call it quits or I may have had ended up with carbon monoxide poisoning. Coupled with the fact that my gloves ripped and I ended up with a glove full of fuel a few times. The way I’m going about this is incredibly difficult, so I don’t know if there is a trick to getting the assembly in and out of the fuel tank in one complete assembly.

I remember reading somewhere that you have to lift the fuel tank??? I’ll repost if I find it.

Back