'06 155hp Sportster Simple Computer Interface

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Recently tried to start boat - no DESS beep, no start and no gauges. Checked obvious - in neutral and battery charged. Discovered the 1/2"x3" gauge plug was heavily corroded where it plugs into the under cowl fuse panel (part # 204470771 called Simple Engine Interface). Removed the panel and discovered one of the male pins was corroded off and one of the female connectors was too. Appears no dielectric grease was used at all and I'm on salt water! A new panel is $500! Anyway to repair the missing pin on it? Is one from another model the same? Are replacement female ends available? If I replace the panel does the DESS key have to be reprogrammed?

Seadoo doesn't make the plugs... so you can buy pins.

Post a pic, (so we know what the plug looks like) and we will help.

Here's diagram of part and picture of pins - 2 actually corroded off but only one is needed for a blk/yellow wire. TIP to all - pull your connection plugs and lather up with di-electric grease!

seadoo2.JPGseadoo1.JPGseadoo3.JPGseadoo interface.jpg

Guess I'll replace the unit - Summer's here and want to enjoy boat.

Do I need a new DESS lanyard or have the old one reprogrammed --- or should old one start it right up?

Part came in mail. Unfortunately its on boat lift and rain is expected for next 10 days - already been raining lots the last month. Will post if the new Simple Engine Interface fixes it. Also bought new steering cable as suspect corrosion of old since steering is very heavy.

Turns out the pins in the harness side plug are Delphi/Packard #12084912. Dealer didn't have but a GM Service Manager had them in his connector cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue. DESS 204 470 771 was under water, and now same things. No DESS beep, no start and no gauges. Did it fix your problem? Because a new one is (Netherlands) 600 euro.
(2004 Sportster 4-tec Rotax 155 hp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back