05' Seadoo RXT - Info Guage Cluster Not Work

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Gremlin

I went to go fire up my 2005 Seadoo RXT (3 Passenger with 205 hrs) at the start of the holiday weekend (July 2nd) and had some issues right away with the info guage cluster (LCD screen + MPH+RPM Guage). See attached photo of similiar guage cluster for info.

The first start attempt, I placed the key on the starter position. I recevied one long beep right away and noticed the mph and rpm guage went crazy. After the long beep, the LCD guage did not come on and the mph and rpm guages were not sitting anywhere within the guage range. I proceeded to hit the start button. The seadoo fired right up without any headaches. The guages energized and all was normal after the start up.

After the first run, I let it sit for a few hours. I then went to go for another ride and I received the same long beep once I placed the key on the starter position again. I hit the start button. The machine fired up again but this time the guage did not respond. After several attempts, the guage did not come back to normal the rest of the weekend.

I then spent some time checking the wires that run under the hood and to the guage cluster. I pulled all the fuses on the panel and checked for bad ones. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. I had no luck in any of my attempts to fix the problem.

One thing to note: Last fall my seadoo took on water and the engine cabinet was under water. I spent time drying everything out and had it at a mechanic who rebuilt the supercharger and confirmed no water in the cylinders. I had it running this past May (4 weeks ago). Only issue I had was a blown main 30 amp fuse after the initial first run of the season. I'm fearful I'm having some electrical issues due to the ski taking on water previously.

Any ideas? Is the guage shot? Is it a wiring issue?

Attachments

• Seadoo Guage Cluster.jpg
    Seadoo Guage Cluster.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 9
So I purchased new fuses over the weekend and replaced the 1 amp that is supplied to the information cluster guage. Still no success with getting any response from the information cluster gauge.

I disconnected the cabling that is routed from the hull up through the hood. I was able to get access to the cabling connection through the front compartment area. I put the key on the post and tested for voltage. There are four wires as part of this cable bundle routed through the hood. One is red, one is black, one is white and one is white with a black line.

I received 24 volts across the red to black. I received no reading black to white or white/black to white wire. I assume the white wires are grounds which I why I didn't receive any voltage reading. I believe I am getting the correct power to the information cluster guage, which points me towards a busted gauge.

I don't have access to a spare information cluster without purchasing a new one for $500 ++.

Anyone have any other thoughts to narrow down the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back