03 sportster 155 4tec with 06 ecu! How to make gauges work?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsterstpete

I have an 03 Sportster 155 4tec which I love. It's in nearly perfect condition except the previous owner put an 06 ecu on it so the gauges don't work. I'm honestly just worried about beep and alerts, I could care less about tach and gas because I operate by feel most of the time anyways. Here's my question. Should I:
  1. Get an 06 gtx/sportster panel and try it? If it works I would reglass the helm to support the new electronics. Or...
  2. Can I somehow run the alerts for the older gauge and then run an aftermarket digital tach with gps, gas, etc? I've put one in a sea rayder f16 before and it was a very smooth experience.
  3. Get an 03 Sportster ECU for a million dollars and rewire everything
TIA!

It depends on the what year the engine is. An 03 won't run if you just changed the ECU to the 06 type. They have very different systems on them which require the correct ECU to run. Post a pic of the engine, ECU, mpem, and wiring and then I can give you options to get your gauges working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back