03 sportster 4tec 155 water in oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsterstpete

I have an 03 sportster 4tec 155 with a weird issue. I have water in my oil (milkshake). I tried to get it out and refill but then when I ran it the oil turned to milkshake again. My buddy mentioned the head gasket but is there anything else it could be? It doesn't look like coolant, it looks like water-

Are you loosing coolant?and how many oil changes did you do?one oil change won't do it you need to do about 5.also if you are idling the boat to warm it up you can run it without the oil filter for a few changes.

Just for the sake of asking, when you are hooking up a hose when running the boat in your driveway, just confirming the hose isn’t on unless the engine is already running and that you turn the hose off before shutting off the engine?

As mentioned.

If you are not loosing coolant, it is water. If it is water it most likely is a Crack in your exhaust manifold allowing water to drain down into an open exhaust port once the engine is off.

If it was leaking into the exhaust valve for any water to get into crankcase it would hydro lock or show signs of water on the plugs I would think.

Update! It seems as though during rain storms water was finding it's way into the intake. We redid the oil a bunch of times, moved the hoses a little and voila.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back