'03 GTX SC blown up - any options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Daddy

I am looking at a great deal on a '03 GTX that has a engine with a broken rod. Does anyone know how tough it would be to put a non-sc engine in it? What years will just bolt/plug in? This is my first look at a 4 stroke ski, I have had many 2 strokes but boy this is diffrent. Thanks for any help.

May have found an engine BUT........

Well with some looking I have found a '05 215hp SC engine, does anyone know what else I will need to make that go in my '03 GTX? Wire harnes, ECM...what else?

Is it more trouble than it is worth to do this swap?
Thanks in advance for the help:)

It is a ski I just bought, I will pick it up next Tuesday, and get a better look but I bought it knowing the motor was shot, a quick look in the dark with a flash light, I could see the crank and a rod were damaged with the block still bolted in the hull and the head removed. I will finish the tear down and see what the damage really is. I may have to repair this engine(if possible) due to the cost of a reman and used being so high. I will know more next week.

4-TEC's......

You'll find most of the 4 TEC's parts are interchangeable with each other. I did some looking around the other day on the main parts like blocks and heads. The part numbers between the SC, SCIC and NA all matched. But, I'm sure there is some odd differences like bolt holes in a head that supports the brackets of a SC but not in the NA. But, in reality, it would only matter if you were going to SC instead of the other way around.

The piston composition of the SC engines verses the NA engines are different, but the sizes are the same.

When you get into the 08 and 9's with the 255 hp engines, you'll likely see some changes there. So, if you stick with an engine within a couple years of the one you got, you should be fine.............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back