02 Gtx rfi crank but no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sstevens620

My dad has an 02 gtx rfi that he just changed the carbon seal and hat on he took it out last weekend said it ran great for about 20 min and then when he went to ride again it'll just crank but not start. The motor was rebuilt and gone through by quickjets out of langley oklahoma last season only has about 10 hours on the motor . It's gettin spark and has fuel to the rail has compression etc. He tried a new battery and changed plugs checked all connections and fuses swapped rectifier and even tried putting premix in the cylinders and said it still won't even try to fire. Any ideas on what to try next ? Or does it need to go back to the shop. I live 8 hours away so trying to help him over the phone. Thanks for any advice you can give I have been searching the forumn for a few days but can't find the exact thing he is experiencing

Buy 2 of these and test spark when turning the engine over. If it isn't running there is a reason. Also test fuel pressure (58PSI) Plug 4 on the MPEM has all the sensors. Test them according to the manual. That will get you started. Do you know anyone that has a RFI? You can swap the MPEM/ECU and see what happens. You could simply have a bad connection. If you're getting fire and fuel it should run. That said, I've had a couple of RFIs that were particularly stubborn. I spent about 25 hours troubleshooting one. :D Long story. LOL Good Luck !!

Spark Testor.jpg

Back