01 xp 951 Carb Clean

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a huge thank you to you all. I took it on the water today. Started right up and ran mostly fantastic. There's a small hiccup in acceleration at 3500 though. Not sure what that's about
Other than that, it runs great

I'm glad to hear you got it running. They are great skis, that's why I've kept mine all these years.
The hiccup could be just a matter of adjusting the mixture adjustment screws.

I'm glad to hear you got it running. They are great skis, that's why I've kept mine all these years.
The hiccup could be just a matter of adjusting the mixture adjustment screws.
Thanks to you guys!!! I took it out to test on a crappy nasty lake, Utah Lake. Next Tuesday I'm going out with my wife when it gets to be 70 again. Anyway, I'll take a look at the mixing screws. Thanks again, I appreciate you all. And hopefully once I'm able to rebuild my other accelerator and clear its cooling line I'll have 2 running. Just in time for winter ;)

I was feeling depressed for paying $3900 for the 2 and the trailer but now I'm happy with the purchase again

Last edited:
That’s actually a good price.
Question for you. In this part of your rebuild thread, you mention putting in the rubber membrane but you don't mention the clear plastic membrane
Screenshot_20191006-200609_Chrome.jpg
I'm rebuilding my second carb and realized that in your rebuild thread you don't mention the clear plastic piece cut exactly like the rubber membrane. When I took it apart, it had the rubber membrane, then the clear plastic membrane, then the fuel pump block. Is that correct?

It goes rubber then aluminum block then o-ring then clear plastic then paper gasket then aluminum cover.

It goes rubber then aluminum block then o-ring then clear plastic then paper gasket then aluminum cover.
Sorry, I'm confused here. This diagram shows:
Rubber (?), clear plastic (?), aluminum block, o- ring, clear plastic, paper gasket then aluminum cover.
Screenshot_20191007-091519_Chrome.jpg
I just can't seem to determine what 52 and 60 are. They both are labeled as

Diaphragm XP MAG 5530/5531

I can't determine if 52 is rubber and 60 is clear plastic or if it's the other way around. Currently, I have it in this order
Rubber, clear plastic, aluminum block, o- ring, clear plastic, paper gasket then aluminum cover

Well, I think I have that engine runaway going on. When I start it, it goes immediately to mac rpms. I tested it without the airbox on, not sure if that would cause a problem
To update, only when I remove even the back nut will it go lower, but it's still at 3000 rpms.20191007_165304.jpg
Would this be high speed, low speed screw issues

Well, as I'm sure you're used to on this forum. it was my stupid mistake. There are two slots in the wheel for the throttle cable top go and I accidentally put it in the farther one. It's all good now

Well, as I'm sure you're used to on this forum. it was my stupid mistake. There are two slots in the wheel for the throttle cable top go and I accidentally put it in the farther one. It's all good now
Not stupid, we have all done that at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back