00 islandia no beep on start up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fwdstuck

Well I finally got my remanufactured 240 efi parts switched over from the old block and set it in place and got it fired up over this weekend and it has no beep when you turn the key on. I bought the boat last fall with the engine blowed up on the cheap. The key was missing and I had a key made for it, so I never turned the key over to on with the blowed engine installed to see if it worked before I changed the engine over so yesterday was the first day. But it does make two seperate beeps (a few minutes apart) after it's shut off.

The boat has 2 beepers. One is the Merc beeper, and the other is the Seadoo beeper. It's very common for the seadoo beeper to go bad. You should be able to see it under the helm. If you have a radio shack still open close to you... you can get a replacement. Otherwise... you may have to look for a panel mount 12v buzzer. (ebay or amazon) But don't buy a used one. Even if it's working, it probably won't for long.

Anyway... that's the beeper that will give you the "Key On" beep.

The second beeper is in the wires just behind the key switch. It's the merc beeper, and give you some of the engine warnings. So... if you are getting another beep... you may want to investigate things. Make sure you aren't over temp, or low on oil.

When I got my challenger 2000 it wouldn't beep. I bought the equivalent buzzer from the original buzzers manufacture (Floyd bell). I pulled out the old one and it turned out it was fine. that's when I found the second buzzer you are referring to. I tested it and it was shot so I put the new one I had in its place and it worked fine. I am not sure if this going to cause trouble later but both buzzers work now. anyway the same sized buzzers are still available for the seadoo side. the mercury side is not exposed to the elements and isn't attached to a panel or anything. you would probably be able to put any 12v buzzer there

If the mercury buzzer inside the dash does all the engine warning beeps, what does the seadoo buzzer under the dash do?

Never mind I just reread the first post. So the seadoo beeper gives the startup beep and mercury beeper gives the engine warning beeps

The seadoo one has a plug. The mercury one is hardwired. It's wires are totally wrapped in electrical tape. It was a pain to replace. I cut back a small amount of tape and stuck pins into the wires to test it. It was no fun to replace.

I bought the seadoo buzzer first and it came in the mail today. But earlier day I had it on the water for the first time today, well not really on the water, but I had the trailer backed enough in the water to let run for a while with plenty of water flow through the engine. Well it chirped, but not on start up, but it did on the fuel warning. But I have about 30 gallons in it and replaced the float in the sending unit (had a hole in it). And it shows half a tank on the gauge. So when I got home and saw the buzzer in the mail I decided to hook it up in place of the mercury buzzer, still didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back