You've got to be kidding.ATTENTION: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

chillholm

Went jetskiing/pwc riding at Carrum Beach/ Patterson River last Saturday. There was a Victorian Marine Safety Rep at the ramp who cautioned us not to ride to Frankston because boat users were protesting and pushing for a ban of all pwcs in Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay. He was saying we shouldn't go in case we were given a hard time by the protesters!
Apparently the Victorian Maritime Safety Association is debating about what to do with Pwc's and the amount that have hit Aussie/ Victorian waters.
Lets not turn this into an us vs them argument.....it comes down to education and law enforcement. I've seen some very dodgy things done on both pwcs AND boats banning the craft doesn't fix the problem BUT banning the idiots who break the rules will help kerb the problem. I'm sick of knee jerk reactions by governing bodies or minority groups where common-sense seldom prevails. Ironically enough the water police were at the ramp and whilst I was there they caught 2 people speeding in the 5 knot zone and they were people driving...you guessed it BOATS!
Will be contacting the Vic. Maritime Safety Board and voicing my opinion in regards to the bad wrap pwc riders get. If you live in Victoria/Melbourne and you use ANY bodies of water: the Bay, Hazelwood, Glenmaggie, Eildon, Inverlock, Narracan please settle down if you're using a pwc, use bloody common-sense and abide to the laws-know them-we're not all beer guzzling slobs out there. Play it safe. I love our pwcs and I'm not about to let ANY governing body/minority group tell me what I can do, when I ride em within the law.:mad:

I live in frankston and I'm pretty sure it's the friends of kannanook creek and the frankston yacht club who are anti pwc. Saw a thing in my local paper where they spent their own money on buoys to separate boats from swimmers because they wouldn't wait for parks Vic to do it.

I really don't get the difference between a boat and a pwc. I mean some are as big as a boat anymore. Compared to my '95 speedster anyway. It carries 3 people just like a large pwc. Sounds almost "racist" if you know what I mean. The problem isn't the craft. It is the rider. Why not picket boaters with long hair or goatee's??? Sounds like a group of "I'm better than you's"

Good luck with the fight!

Its stereotyping, the PWC drivers are typed to being young & irresponsible. Then again, boaties are old & dottery. Just as bad as each other. Let the police do their job.

I live in Langwarrin and have been down at Oliver's Hill over the last 2 weeks. There have been heaps of PWC's in the bay in this time and in my opinion they all behaved perfectly! I didn't notice any stupid behaviour.

Bond, James Bond - agent007. We are glad your are acting as the secret agent on this case.
If anything further develops, feel free to post it to the "World News by SDB Network" thread.

Contacted parks Vic and they have come up and will introduce a whole heap of new zones for boating, swimming, pwc use etc. They're going to use buoys so that people can recognise the areas.

You PWCers need to get together and form a group and make sure to stay active. Its the only way to keep your machines on the water.

They just need to enforce the rules it sounds like. An idiot is an idiot no matter what they are driving.

Back