Yo all thanks for the info my boat is back to being bad assed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmat

I had cavitation when I bought the boat and knew my jet ski buddies had a little bit when we ran their skis. So, I thought it was normal. Well, I found out later what I should have been looking for was the intake and impeller, not just the cool paint and top end. After a while, the cavitaion got worse and I was looking at a 12 sec to top end with a whole lot of WUUHHHH WUUUHHHHH WUUUHHHHHH WUUUHH. So, after I found all you all, I realized that the broken tine on the surge gate got sucked thru, ground up and spit out (not "as he was loading it on the trailer" the a-hole school principal from middle Ohio I bought it from, told me). I took action; sent the prop to IMPROS, JB Weld the housing and filed down the mangeled stator fins. I took it out yesterday, and now I go from still to top end (50ish) in about 5 to 6 sec. No shit, no cavitation just speed. I looked at my housing and some paint came off because I was going thru Devils Lake, MI's many sand bars. But JB very much inplace. I will monitor the housing and as easy as it it to come off I will fix as needed. The JB was harder to file off than the Aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back