Yamaha VXR to Speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Up_Ship_Creek

Hi guys,
I went to a local boat show today and saw a 2011 Speedster 150 for sale. As it is a hold over they are only asking $19,000. It is red on black w/o a tower. I currently own a 2012 Yamaha VXR and while I absolutely love it, my better half isn't so keen. She doesn't like the ride and she doesn't like the tippyness of the waverunner. I am a long time Yamaha fan and have never owned any BRP model. So I have a few questions.
First of all, how does this boat handle rough water? We rarely see higher than 5 foot waves on our lake, but never see less than a 1ft swell in the summer. I just want to know if I'm 30miles from the ramp and a storm moves in, that I'm going to make it back ok and in relative comfort.
Secondly, how is the performance of this craft? The waverunner routinely sees 68-69mph on the speedo and I managed 72mph once. The get up and go of the Yamaha is fantastic, the acceleration is often too much for new riders. This probably my favorite thing about the VXR am I going to see anything similar in the Speedster? I understand it's a boat, but, with 255hp on tap, I should imagine they're pretty close in performance? What is available for performance upgrades on these boats?
In regard to maintenance. What is required on the SeaDoos? When I bought the Yamaha I was told that the maintenance on the SCIC pretty intensive, supercharger rebuilds and what not. Does any body know anything about the service schedule on the Speedster 150?
Sorry for the lengthy first post, and thanks in advance for any replys!

Hey man, do my best to answer some of your questions.

1. They are sunny day boats in my opionion, so yah if yah see a storm a comin' bring er' in, she'll get back to the dock but you will get blown around. No different than any other sportjetboat though.
2. Performance will be impressive with the 255hp engine option. I had the 04 sportster for about a month, same hull but a 155hp N/A motor, and I thought it was a blast of a boat. On a side note ... it does appear that BRP isn't the only player with the dreamometer.
3. The blower maintaince on the 11's is either 100hr service intervals or 200hr service intervals. Depends on when it was made (production week). Check with the dealer thats selling it. Also, you might be able to get another year of warranty if you have the 100hr washers as an incentive to buy.

Hope this helps.

Well, I bought a left over 2011 and I am extremely happy with it, if you look at the posts, someone just bought a leftover 2010 with the 255hp, and is extremely happy with it.

Definitely the speedster will bring you back to the dock, I went through some high waves, even got a over 5 foot that almost swallowed me whole and it was my second time out with 3 passengers and all this water came in, I got a little freaked out but I turned on my bilge and drove it fast and all the water came out.. THAT WAS A BLAST!!! Lol..

Definitely my experience has been nothing shirt but a blast, now I wish I would have bought the 255hp version, though I am pretty happy with my 155...

Go for it! No problems, plus get the 5 year warranty on it

cheappc,

My friend and I both freaked my wife, when we saw a small wave and she was sitting in bow section facing us. She thought Boat is going to sink LOL... but water was out quickly and she was like NEVER DO THAT again... :reddevil: (I said POINT NOTED) haha

cheappc,

My friend and I both freaked my wife, when we saw a small wave and she was sitting in bow section facing us. She thought Boat is going to sink LOL... but water was out quickly and she was like NEVER DO THAT again... :reddevil: (I said POINT NOTED) haha

LOL, So from the look of things (on your signature line) you got your new Tow Rig?, Nissan Pathfinder! nice! SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD! lols

LOL, So from the look of things (on your signature line) you got your new Tow Rig?, Nissan Pathfinder! nice! SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD! lols

567.jpg

WOW.. I havent even seen the new 2013's, what a departure from their previous lines huh? Looks nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back