XPL Coffman build - 7760 rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
..do you used cylinder ported??
I just got my motor ported by my local machinist. He had already port matched the exhaust to the sleeve on the the 1st rebuild, that alone made a noticeable difference. This off season I asked him to port the motor to what he thought best for a go fast buoy boat. Well see how his mods work in a few weeks.

Here's a number of photos.

Bottom of cylinders
189.jpg
190.jpg
191.jpg
192.jpg

193.jpg

Through the the exhaust manifold. Trimmed and matched gaskets as well.
194.jpg
195.jpg

196.jpg

Exhaust port:
197.jpg
198.jpg
199.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a very nice cleanup job. You start getting into trouble when you begin changing the port timing when you don't know what you are doing.

He definitely raised the exhaust ports and changed the port timing a little but he's been doing it for a number of years. He also apparently uses a computer program to figure out timing and duration etc. The one thing he did differently which I haven't heard of before was using shims in the raves. Apparently he's able to control the timing of the them and also help align things nicely when valve is closed/open.

Keep me in mind then. I really like the work. I'm gonna have to do some 951 conversions in the future to keep up with those Kawi 1100 guys.

Keep me in mind then. I really like the work. I'm gonna have to do some 951 conversions in the future to keep up with those Kawi 1100 guys.
You got it. Last season this thing would smoke a blaster 1100 on the straights. On the course if it was ahead it'd catch up to the 1100 on every corner. I'm not the best racer so still hard to overtake and those little things can turn. But would handily keep it at bay if the 1100 was chasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cost for all this ?
Typically his 951 porting is $250-$350. Which he says is too cheap haha.

His port matching last season was only $100 and that gave me 150 additional revs.

This port job was $250 with materials for shims, trimming the gaskets and matching the exhaust manifold runners.

Prepping the racey "vintage" intake manifolds.
238.jpg
239.jpg
240.jpg

This one cracked me up. Feel like the boost bottle ports are pretty good indicator...
241.jpg

Yup. Luckily I have two spares. The boost bottle setup is becoming suspect. I will also be pulling and examining reeds as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back