WTB OEM Bimini Top 1800 Challenger(Burgandy)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Irish1800

I'm looking for a factory bimini with all hardware if anyone has one laying around. I know I can buy aftermarket, but I've seen some of these and don't like the install.

Tough to find used. I have done a lot of research in biminis. You have a few options. Buy the OEM at your local dealer and pay like $700. Buy a universal fit one off some place like ebay for under 200. Or you could find a local boat shop and have one custom made but that could also be expensive. The best option which is what I chose, is to buy the OEM bimini from JM Camper. You can find them online. They are one of the largest Sea Doo Dealers and are located in Maine. There price is the cheapest anywhere that you will find the OEM piece. It is ordered directly from the factory and made for you. They run around $475 after shipping. I even called the company that makes them, they are the only supplier and wont sell to you directly. They do have 1 vendor who sells them, Axess Marine. They are on ebay but the price is a bit higher than JM.

I originally had a cheap one off ebay that was 160 bucks. It fit great and worked great but it wouldnt fit under the cover. I only trailer the boat with the cover on, so that was a major deal to me. Then by accident I bent one of the poles so I decided to spend the extra money and upgrade to the OEM. It is built a lot nicer. The fabric is thicker. It has 4 bows instead of 3 and contours the shape of the boat a lot better. It fits under the cover.

So basically...go spend the $475 with JMCamper. You wont be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to find used. I have done a lot of research in biminis. You have a few options. Buy the OEM at your local dealer and pay like $700. Buy a universal fit one off some place like ebay for under 200. Or you could find a local boat shop and have one custom made but that could also be expensive. The best option which is what I chose, is to buy the OEM bimini from JM Camper. You can find them online. They are one of the largest Sea Doo Dealers and are located in Maine. There price is the cheapest anywhere that you will find the OEM piece. It is ordered directly from the factory and made for you. They run around $475 after shipping. I even called the company that makes them, they are the only supplier and wont sell to you directly. They do have 1 vendor who sells them, Axess Marine. They are on ebay but the price is a bit higher than JM.

I originally had a cheap one off ebay that was 160 bucks. It fit great and worked great but it wouldnt fit under the cover. I only trailer the boat with the cover on, so that was a major deal to me. Then by accident I bent one of the poles so I decided to spend the extra money and upgrade to the OEM. It is built a lot nicer. The fabric is thicker. It has 4 bows instead of 3 and contours the shape of the boat a lot better. It fits under the cover.

So basically...go spend the $475 with JMCamper. You wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the information on this. I'll give them a shout tomorrow. After this past weekend I about cooked out there in the sun all day. Does it come with instructions on mounting? Also do you by chance have any pics of it installed on your boat?

It comes with instructions, they kinda suck but i figured it out and had it installed in about 2 hours. I dont have any pics yet.

I was "this close" to buying from local dealer, $745. You saved me. My biggest question: to install a bimini top, do I need to drill into the boat. I do not have any rails or existing places for the top to connect to. If I have to drill, is this easy with 2 people? Thanks guys.

I was "this close" to buying from local dealer, $745. You saved me. My biggest question: to install a bimini top, do I need to drill into the boat. I do not have any rails or existing places for the top to connect to. If I have to drill, is this easy with 2 people? Thanks guys.

Yes you will have to drill into the boat to mount the bimini along with putting the tiedown mounts up on the dash for the factory setup. Here is a picture of the mounts and a pic of the bimini on a boat gives you a idea of the area it goes.

Attachments

• challenger_1800_1912051.jpg
    challenger_1800_1912051.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 35
  • boat 2002 seadoo 005.JPG
    boat 2002 seadoo 005.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 30
  • boat 2002 seadoo 006.JPG
    boat 2002 seadoo 006.JPG
    426 KB · Views: 33
Hi I like your top on the challenger.. is this the one you purchased at JM camper. I have seen a few mounted not on the top rail but on the outside wondering if you had to order again would you have done anything different.. also your rear support pole will that keep the top up in a closed position? and can you store the bimini under the boat cover or do you take it off to keep the cover on.. ooo one more question.. how fast can you go with it open
Al Hibbert

Back