worth upgrading to a rxt-x 260 rs from a rxt 215?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hprelude

Hi everyone,

i currently have a 2006 rxt 215 which I've had for a season and am very happy with it.
I am deciding if i should upgrade to a 2010-2012 rxt-x 260 rs.

Is there a huge difference between the skis?

Also between the rxt-x as 260 rs and the rxt-x 260 rs, which is the better ski to go for?
I know its personal preference with the air suspension but i noticed that there is a noticable weight difference between the two, which id assume there would be a difference in performance as the 260 rs is a lighter ski.

Any info would be great

Thanks in advanced

Durability and reliability is always a question with the suspension. There are a lot of posts on this so you will have a lot to form your views on. As to upgrading, the newer skis have GPS, IBR etc., which in my view makes the ski more maneuverable and easier to use. Also, I believe the S3 hull was introduced around 2009 to 2010 and I really like the way it rides as I have that hull on both my skis. I would say it is worth exploring. As to more overall top speed, in stock form, I don't know that you will get that much more mph.

Would I ditch my RXT for a newer RXT-X? In a heart beat if the wallet allowed. Now you add the aS model in and I'll keep my RXT. The suspension model is way too heavy and feels unstable due to how top heavy it is. It's not unstable but it gives you that feeling. It does ride nice but the performance trade off just isn't worth it to me. I'd stick with the non suspension X model if upgrading.

I just purchased new rxp x rs asked the seadoo guy what is the best 3 sweater close to it in handling and preformance he said gtr 215 I also have gtx155 2011 that is awesome ski just wanted little more power and the 3 sweaters were a couple of grand more. Just make sure you get one that has S3 hull

Durability and reliability is always a question with the suspension. There are a lot of posts on this so you will have a lot to form your views on. As to upgrading, the newer skis have GPS, IBR etc., which in my view makes the ski more maneuverable and easier to use. Also, I believe the S3 hull was introduced around 2009 to 2010 and I really like the way it rides as I have that hull on both my skis. I would say it is worth exploring. As to more overall top speed, in stock form, I don't know that you will get that much more mph.

Been reading that the S3 hull is very favorable and very worth it. Would love to see how it goes compared to my current RXT. I believe overall top speed doesn't change on more powerful skis but have a quicker acceleration, which is fine becasue the rxt 215 to me is crazy quick on the water.

Would I ditch my RXT for a newer RXT-X? In a heart beat if the wallet allowed. Now you add the aS model in and I'll keep my RXT. The suspension model is way too heavy and feels unstable due to how top heavy it is. It's not unstable but it gives you that feeling. It does ride nice but the performance trade off just isn't worth it to me. I'd stick with the non suspension X model if upgrading.

Interesting, There is quiet a huge difference in overall weight with the air suspension model at 443kg to 379kg RS model. Im assuming the rs model would accelerate quicker being lighter.
I have been reading on the forum about the suspension model being top heavy and not liking the idea of it feeling like it will tip over. On the rxt with three people on it, the skit feels like it will tip and feels like i have no control of the ski but im assuming its with all three seaters and three people on it

I just purchased new rxp x rs asked the seadoo guy what is the best 3 sweater close to it in handling and preformance he said gtr 215 I also have gtx155 2011 that is awesome ski just wanted little more power and the 3 sweaters were a couple of grand more. Just make sure you get one that has S3 hull

I prefer owning an rxp or rxt becasue its seadoos muscle crafts and strictly performance model. If i do look at other models id be sure to buy one with this S3 hull, been reading many great things about it on the forum.

The earlier iS models had sinking issues. Pretty sure in 2011 that issue was resolved, I'm not sure if the 2010 was a good or bad year.

I own an 09 RXT-X and can't say enough about the ski. It has the 255 engine. The acceleration is unreal considering it is a stock ski. Top end I have hit 73 but can get 69 any time I want to.

The S3 hull is nice. Not the driest ride compared to other skis but it rides and handles like a race car.

Part of the reason it is a wetter ride is, when you are cruising and you hit chop or a wave the water splashes forward. The ski is so fast that you catch up to the splashed water and run into it before gravity has a chance to pull it down.

Putting a wedge on should help. I bought a 3 degree wedge but have been to busy riding to install it yet.

Did any of the aS models habe sinking issues though? i keep reading about the iS models nut nothing on the aS.
Been reading on the wedge you can put on, seems that you need to change the intake grate if you put a 2 degree wedge on becasue it can make the ski handle unpredictably. Anyone on here know much more about them and if they are worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back