My jet ski loses power when accelerating RXT 260 RS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Faujito2020

Hello, I would like some help since I have a problem with my Seadoo RXT 260 RS jet ski. It turns out that when I start the bike and accelerate, the bike starts to rev well but after 15 to 20 seconds it loses power. I have to turn off the bike and turn it on again so that it revs well and after 15 to 20 seconds it loses power again, can someone help me if you have already solved this problem, please.😞

Try riding with the seat off and see it the problem clears. If it does, you have an exhaust leak starving the engine of fresh air.

When you say looses power, is it misfiring or does it shut down?
If misfiring, it may be going into "limp mode" because the computer has detected a problem but will run the engine at a slower speed so you can get back to shore.
Does your gauges work and are there engine fault codes displayed?

When you say looses power, is it misfiring or does it shut down?
If misfiring, it may be going into "limp mode" because the computer has detected a problem but will run the engine at a slower speed so you can get back to shore.
Does your gauges work and are there engine fault codes displayed?
Could you explain to me what it is in limp mode and how I solve it (I checked the spark plugs and it has black oil, I don't know if that's why)

And what was the solution to keep the throttle body from getting stuck?
i dare say u will need to replace both intercooler and throttle body, rxtx 260 have known to have leaking issues with the Intercooler, Essentially just buy a cheap $100 Chinese thottlebody and replace it just need a 1/4 " spanner to undo it and flat head to take the hose off.

Back