Won’t go over 5mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

archaicguy

Spent the day on the lake breaking in the new SeaDoo when after the first hour all of a sudden the 2018 GTI 90 Base won’t go o we 5 mph. Seems to rev up and start moving fine but right at 5 mph it refuses to go any faster.

I think I’ve read that the computer on the 2018 GTI regulates break in and causes drops in speed etc. could this be the issue or something else?

Well, on the GTI 90 2018, yes, the computer controls the break in period. You should experience variable speeds (like speed drops or max speed of 30 mph). I also noted that during the first 5 minutes starting from cold state, it will not go faster than 5 mph but you should be able to go faster after 5 minutes. In one instance, I noticed that turning off the engine and restarting it clears some of the break in limitations. At some point, I thought my ski had a serious issue but the service at BRP told me that it was normal on this model. Mine completely unlocked after 8 hours.

Now you mention that the ski "revs up". Do you mean by that that the RPM is high and the speed is low? It that would be the case, then you may have sucked up something in the impeller.

Ok thanks for the info.... the lake we are camping at for the weekend is very high and has a lot of wood debris floating on it so now back at the campsite I crawled under it and can see a piece of wood about 1-1/2” long wedged between the impeller and housing but I can’t get to come loose so until I get home and get the right size socket I can’t pull the cover off and get it out.

Unfortunate end to our first weekend out with the SeaDoo but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back