Won’t go over 5k

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcrew94

So I have done a top end rebuild on a 97 challenger and as I found out these 2 stroke engines are a bit different then regular engines. I should have done my homework before taking on the job but that didn’t happen so here I am asking a bunch of dumb questions trying to figure out my issues. I joined this forum to gain access to the shop manuals and upon reading thru them I noticed that the piston is supposed to be installed a certain direction. My question is if the piston was installed backward will it still allow the engine to run and rev to 5k or can I assume that since the engine runs and will rev to 5k that the pistons were installed correctly. What if one piston was installed correctly and one wasn’t. Also the rave valve when I installed it I screwed the valve all the way in. Is that the proper procedure. I see some people talk about adjusting the valve and I’m assuming they are talking about the red cap adjustment.

If your pistons are in backwards you will catch a ring on the exhaust port destroying the pistons and bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back