Wipeout and broke my sternum

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Luv2Camp

2 weeks ago, took my Seadoo out and doing 180 turns on a dime in front of the beach. Hit about 25 MPH and was going WAY too fast. When I turned the handlebar to do the 180, it slung me off of the seat, my chest hit the handle bars and I heard my sternum crack, I went over the handlebars and did a 180 in the air and landed a few feet from the ski. When I came up from the water, I could hear the cheers coming from the beach. Did my best to swim back to the ski as if nothing was wrong. Started going and went to turn right and NOTHING!!! Could only make left turns... Snapped the steering cable as well!! Was fun getting back to the ramp about a mile away!!! At least the new SBT cable was only $90. I am still in a great amount of pain and usually sleep on my stomach. I wake up in pain every time I turn over from my back to my stomach when I am sleeping!!! My season is done. On a positive note, I am still able to water ski as that involves mostly back and shoulder. Just cannot do anything that has a pushing motion!! My wife keeps telling me not to water ski until I am healed but only a few more nice weeks left!! Not looking forward to winterizing the toys soon!!!!

....Just cannot do anything that has a pushing motion!! My wife keeps telling me not to water ski until I am healed but only a few more nice weeks left!!!

lesse....you "can't do any pushing".....and she's telling you stop skiing?...that's all she wants you to stop?...well....at least she has her priorities straight...heh

Sternum? You don't need that!!! All kidding aside, it could've turned out worse. You could be sitting around not water skiing either. Lol

For the record, OWWWW! Times Infinity!!!

Just be glad you are upright and able to eat solid food!

Sorry for the injury, but might not be a bad idea to take it easy.

Back