Winter refresh of my 96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious why you didn't leave the dess post where it was & just put the multi-gauge where the tinytach was ?

Curious why you didn't leave the dess post where it was & just put the multi-gauge where the tinytach was ?
I attempted that but the UMI runs right behind there and there wasn't enough room. This is the configuration the 95 has and it doesn't have any interference with the UMI.

Test fit my newly painted hood. Waiting for it to cure some more to put xpel paint protection film before finally mounting it. Another 2 weeks!
6c3470d44151bcd556ad208dab85a605.jpg
ae2b5e61262aee4653e21f3adab51528.jpg
49b07e78960b378d45928654657ab622.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, looks bad ass. Did you always have the single gauge hood? BTW, there are talks of another forum meetup. Lookup Summer Ride. If they pick GA, I'm definitely gonna make every effort to go, you and Jon should too. Ozarks is a bit of a stretch though, that's the other destination in the running.

No I had the mirrored hood. Yeah I saw that. We'll see. Trying to save my pennies right now for a shed/shop to free up the garage space

That's one fine looking toy! The seat cover is holding it back at this point.
Hah! Mpower said the same thing the other day when he was over. Next winter will be a cosmetic refresh.
Haha looks great but I concur on the seat cover, lol. I think I still have a new custom blacktip I got a few years ago before I switched to a hump seat/jettrim on the spx. I'd sell cheap if I can find it.

That's one fine looking toy! The seat cover is holding it back at this point.
Hah! Mpower said the same thing the other day when he was over. Next winter will be a cosmetic refresh.
Haha looks great but I concur on the seat cover, lol. I think I still have a new custom blacktip I got a few years ago before I switched to a hump seat/jettrim on the spx. I'd sell cheap if I can find it.
Will it match the yellow better? If so take a look and let me know. No rush just whenever you think about it.

Almost there! Yes I realize I'm missing 2 hose clamps. They're sitting right there in the footwells, just was running short on time and was trying to get it fired.
a82105372f23e5fa473e62f0664e389b.jpg
610bb19f06c08a55505fa4e5cbbf650b.jpg

Got her fired up. This was right when I got it started the first time, so the idle was a little high. It has since been adjusted.

Nope not planning on running a pipe. Mpowers ski with this exact setup rips. If mine runs anywhere near as close to his I'll be more than satisfied.

He’s also running a 95 800, with a pump extension and mpem that has more aggressive timing than a 96

Primer
38980948025_aa6717c8b8_o.jpg

Paint
39880797411_0c0dcf6d3b_o.jpg

Clear
39880798221_d9236941a6_o.jpg

Can't really recommend this as I don't know how it'll hold up, but it damn sure matches. I wanted to stick to the same brand for all primer, paint, and clear.

Hey Suke great work! I am following your lead and got a single gauge hood for my 96 xp. Never done much painting but going follow your lead using these products to paint it yellow. Any hints on prepping the purple hood for priming?

Thanks in advance, love reading all about your resto and mods.

I think single stage paint might hold up okay. I used 2-stage, like on a car, and it started to flake off after 2 years. The paint didn't stick well enough to the plastic, so around the edges, it would begin to flake. Next time, I will use Bulldog adhesion promoter and see how that goes. @suke you used just single stage from a rattle can, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back