White Smoke, non-exhaust (?)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hartless

Ok, I've tried searching the posts for this one but I seem to only see those related to exhaust issues & I'm not sure that's what I'm dealing with so here goes...

'07 Speedster 150/215SC, ~ 50hrs, haven't done the SC washer changeout yet (no yelling, it's around the top of the list!)... had a cavitation issue & replaced w/ a new wear ring & impeller. 95% solved the issue, but found out while wakeboarding that I still can't WOT the thing w/o a problem:

When I hit the throttle out of the hole to any more than 1/2, I get cavitation and have also noticed white smoke from the left rear (looks like it comes from under the rear cover). The reason I don't think it's an exhaust smoke issue is that I only see it when the boat slips during WOT; absolutely nothing when hitting the throttle to 1/2 on takeoff.

Could one of you point me to a solution, or have you had similar issues? I've read of the cavitation issues from the impeller/ring, but what are other problems/sources that could cause it?

Thanks for all the great info on here, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's steam from the exhaust or mist from cavitation. Get black silicone and seal all the way around the plate that surrounds the intake grate off it isn't done already or if there is some missing redo it. Maybe it's smoke but you could be paranoid too. A mist is somewhat normal.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back