which ddt scanner do i need?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 2000 240 efi? I'm tired of trying to get someone to scan it so I'm gonna spend the dough and buy one. Now the problem is when looking at them there are different ones or maybe they are the same with different softwares I'm not sure. Any help would be great thanks .

Most of us buy the Candoo Pro, but I need to see if it is compatible with your Merc engine. I'll report back...

[MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION] can you answer this, I'm in the air and the internet isn't strong enough to search.. Thanks..

Well I bought a used DDT scanner off ebay. Guess I'll see what I can learn when it gets here.

WELL.....

I hope you get the cartridge too. There was one guy who was selling them, but didn't have the software. Without the Merc Cartridge, it's useless.

The best bang for the $$$ is the scanner from Rinda. They are the only company who knows what's going on, and will sell to the public.

http://www.rinda.com/techmatepro/

The mercury tool will also work. It's the older style, and is probably cheaper. (use to be about $399)

Last edited by a moderator:
It did come with cartridge. It won't connect with my ecm though. Has right two pin cable. There isn't an instruction manual with it and I haven't been able to find one. I'm gonna send it back in the morning.

No I didn't find out about the candoo. I'm still looking to buy one just unsure of what to buy. I have been talking some to rhinda

I don't think the CanDooPro will work with the Mec boats. It's set up for the newer Seadoo ECU's.

No I didn't find out about the candoo. I'm still looking to buy one just unsure of what to buy. I have been talking some to rhinda

I had thought this was answered, but honestly don't recall. @hfgreg will know...

Dr Honda what all will the rinda tell me about my motor?

Were you able to find out if the Candoo Pro works on the Merc Motor?

Thanks.

I don't think the CanDooPro will work with the Mec boats. It's set up for the newer Seadoo ECU's.

The guys at CanDooPro are still working on it but at this time the CanDooPro DOES NOT work on Mercs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back