Where to buy wear ring? 95 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgiffune

I removed my pump this weekend to replace the drive shaft bearing, and found that the wear ring is pretty beat up, cracked and split.

What are the recommendations for sourcing a wear ring for a 95 XP? I see prices from $80 OEM to $35 on ebay. I don't mind spending the extra for quality, but not needlessly.

Looking for opinions...thanks!

I bought an aftermarket one and put it in it didnt work i just ponied up and got the oem one and it worked flawless

I've installed around 50 of the blue ones and they work fine for such a cheap solution. It was a lot sweeter when they were $8.95 shipped.

So I bought the wear ring from ebay, Bayareapowersports, before I saw these other replied. Cut the old one out, hammered the new one in, and the impeller won't fit into the wear ring!

This it the original SeaDoo impeller. Any tips, or is the wear ring wrong and I have to replace it again?

I have not used that brand but have bought a lot of parts from them that worked. If you can get the impeller in there it will clear it's way when you crank the engine. Try leaving the pump out in the sun and putting the impeller in the freezer.

I froze my cheep blue one over night and it just slid into the pump, no hammer required. It fit well and had proper clearance.

I got the Bayarea one in my GTI with the stock impeller. I froze it overnight and then lubed the pump with water and it slid in pretty easy, used a block of wood across it and pushed it in, and the impeller was a tight fit but it fit. I purchased another one for my GSX project but have not installed it yet, I hope their quality has not gone down.

I manage to force the impeller in but the engine won't turn over to carve out a groove. Looks like I'll be cutting this one out and ordering OEM.

Live and learn.

A lot of times OEM is best. Most of the Chinese stuff is junk. Quality control seems to be a problem / second thought. I see Chinese characters on a package I know I have been taken again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back