Where is my oil going?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdelap

Last week I was out to the lake and ran the 97 xp for about a half hour and brought it back in. when I took it back out I noticed the oil light was on and all the oil was gone. I didn't think much about it other than this ski must be a pig! After filling the tank It started to rain and loaded the ski back on the trailer and haven't touched it till today when I noticed that my hull had over a gallon of oil in it. I don't really understand how the oil injection system works I know I have a hose that goes directly to the pump and goes to the top of the oil tank. Then I have 2 hoes that come out the bottom and go to each side of the motor. all lines look to be recently replaced and seem to be at least connected.

So to make that long winded explanation of my problem simple. I am looking to find out if anyone else has had a similar problem and if someone can explain to me how the system works so I can start verifying that the system I installed and working properly.

Thanks for all the help this forum has been a great resource for repairing this ski!

It's obvious that the oil is leaking into the hull. Check you lines for a crack line or broken line going to the engine. It could be either an injector line or a rotary valve line going into the engine.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back