Where does water go from the inside of the boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4h2o

I mostly leave my 2011 Speedster 150 overnight tied to a tree with the bow pulled bit up on a sandy beach and rear of the boat in the water.

When it rains the water that goes inside the boat (not into hull but on the floor of the boat) drains through the white outlet under seat starboard side. I assume it goes into hull, but does it actually get drained out using the bilge pump? If so does it mean when I leave the boat uncovered and it rains for long time the bilge pump will drain the battery?

The reason I am asking is that when the boat is out on a trailer and i put the water inside the boat it drains out through a black outlet which is on a side just next to jet out pipe without bilge pump turning on...

It goes through that outlet then into a hose that drains straight out the back of the transom adjacent the jet pump. There is a check valve that more or less keeps the water out while stationary.

I need to test that. I always have the bungs out when cleaning it at home, so I never paid attention / seen the water come out near the jet pump.

The water in the passenger area will drain out the scupper valve in the rear of the boat. None of that water should be going into the bilge. (assuming that you don't have the ass end under the water, and it is able to drain)

BUT... some water will find it's way into the bilge. It will get past the carbon seal, any leaks in the hull seam, around the exhaust, past the ski locker seals... ect. The water that gets into the bilge will eventually kick the pump on, and YES... it will eventually drain the battery. AND... if the battery dies... the boat will sink.

Just an FYI... Rotax powered seadoo's are NOT rated to be left in the water. Every year, we get at least one report of a sunk boat on this board. (be careful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back