Where do I start?? 2006 GTI fixer uppers.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfalia

I just bought a pair of 2006 GTI's but how do I know if it's the rental, STD or what?? Probably paid way too much.....$2000 for the pair........there's a sucker born everyday). They are yellow and white and from some little research it seems like they are the basic GTI model but how can I tell exactly? I guess I need to know this before I consider buying parts right as I am guessing the parts could be different from model to model.
I don't have much info them and all I know is that they have been sitting for over a year and don't run, but could and should with some work.
What should I do first? Drain and change the oil, gas?? pull the plugs and put some super light weight oil in the cylinders and let is sit before I ever crank the motors. I was given 5 keys for the two but how do I know which key is for which and if they are working?
Thanks for any tips you guys can send me

Keys: if the battery is charged and the wiring and MPEM are good, simply plug them in. Two beeps means it sees the key and it is programmed to the MPEM. One long beep it sees the key but it is a wrong key. Of course this assumes you have a good beeper,,,

Also do a compression test to see the internal condition of the engines.

Thanks for the input CoastiejoeSo I guess I will go ahead and fill the cylinders with some light weight oil and let that sit for a while, charge the battery and then check the keys.
Will they crank if the keys are not programmed to the mpem? How can they be programmed? I imagine this is not a DIY thing(. I live in Panama, Central America and I am sure finding a source to do this is gonna be challenging(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back