where are the fuel filters on a 1996 seadoo xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brholwer

just wondering where it is so that i can check if there dirty to see if it makes the ski run better.

1 is above the gas tank. It will be bolted up to the top of the ski. Just unscrew the white part and check the filter in there. The 2nd one is in the carbs. There will be 1 in each of them. If you have the gray fuel lines you need to change them and clean the carbs as well.

More info on fuel filter

ya in the process of replacing the grey fuel lines but dont think i can get to the carbs im not really that good at this stuff its hard just to do the fuel lines, and not dropping things below the engine. the fuel filter above the gas tank, how do i remove it and clean it?

If you can see it there will be a nut on the top of it. It should be bolted to a metal bracket up there. You will want to take it off to make it easier to replace the lines on it. Otherwise you could just unscrew the cup part off and check it. The carbs arent that tough. I was nervous at first but I didnt want to pay anyone. I broke them open and look at everything and laid them out in the correct order. Then cleaned everything and put it back together. You could possibly get away with just pulling out the fuel filter though.

does the fuel filter open up like to clean it? and yeah its hard because im doing all this stuff while its in the water/lift/on shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back