When being towed or running out of water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario medeiros

1994 sea doo gtx Rotax 657 , looked at my manual and it says that when running a garden hose that I need to clamp the hose that is next to my garden hose fitting 1st , yet in all the you tube videos I have seen no one seems to do that.
Also just found out ( new to watersports ) if you are being towed because of a break down that you need to pinch off a line, is that the same line to run out of water?
Could I just cut the hose and install a ball valve for both needs ?
Any advice or pics would be great.

Thanks

Mario,

If you are running on a hose, there are NO hoses to clamp...as you WANT the water to flow (backflow) through the cooling system.

If you being towed on the water....the water intake hose needs to be clamped off so water does not get sucked into the engine (while under tow).....or TOW very slow - under 5 MPH and you should be OK.

BTW: Running on the hose sequence is: Connect hose, START the engine, turn on the water, do your testing, etc (don't run on the hose for MORE than a few minutes time - 3-5 minutes MAX), Shut off the water, shut off the engine. DO NOT run hose water through a non-running engine.

ALSO: Hose water provides NO cooling to the driveline components (carbon seal, etc), so limit the hose water running to the absolute minimum.....no sense risking burned seals, bearings, etc.....

HI Ckrawiec,
Sorry newbie here and saw in the manual it says to clamp the line next to the one where my garden hose fitting goes to so just wanted to ask.
And on my ski (1994 GTX 657 ) that hose I am talking about is that the intake hose?
And could I just install a ball valve on it to shut off if ever being towed?
I know to make sure I turn it back on after the tow.
Thanks

On the hose you need to clamp the outlet behind the Tee so water will go to the engine and not just out the back on the older skis.

Really sorry but I don't understand, are you talking about the t that is going to the exhaust?
Also see posts about a red line on the hose which I don't have.
Thanks and any pics if possible would be great (1994 GTX 657 )

Sorry but the only t I see is at the exhaust, the hose I clamp while being towed is that the 1 that is next to the fitting that the garden hose hooks up to which is at the head of the motor? Any pics of a rotax 657 showing this hose would be great.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back