what's the weather like???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
up here at work in dawson creek, yesterday afternoon/ evening - 1/4" of SNOW, stayed around
till about 11 this morning - snow in june - wtf!!!! lol
hope weather is better at the lake
do you happen to know what your buddies used to catch the slough sharks with?

About a 4" long Repella, White with eyes on the side, and one massive diving bill on it ,so it will dive 17' as you troll . White seems to be the Color. Have not been up for the last couple weekends, always something to do in the Job Jar the wife has on the kitchen counter.

headed to the lake this week for 3 weeks, here's hoping for good weather!!! :cheers:
not sure if we'll get to 30, but it would be nice!!

thanks for the tips on the lures. hoping the boys can catch their first fish, might try going over to turtle as well.
the job jar that is funny, i call mine the honey do list, but i am playing hokey from that his summer;lol
hope you enjoy your summer!!!

how"s your summer been murray5p?
we spent just over 3 weeks at the lake in july, cruised by your place i think, seadoo w/ tower and black covers, a guy just
to the south of you w/ a pontoon and blue cover?
put lots of hours on so far already just over 70 so far,
going back out this monday coming up for a couple of more weeks then kids are back in school already
tried to look for the sand bar you were talking about earlier, whereabouts is it? thanks

rigstar: ya got about 5.5 hrs on my boat this season, things just did did not work out. Ya that sandy area is about 1 mile south of us on the same side of the lake, you will see were the big spruce quit and the birch and poplar start. Had to reinstall the dock 3 times from the big winds we had up there, knocked over some big spruce in our area. Pulling the dock out Sept. long, my girls are back to University now so things are slowing down around there, hardly worthwhile owning a boat now. Sold the Rhino and got myself a Commander , so be heading up to the forest when the weather turns crappy for boating. Well still may see ya up there sometime.

thanks for the info!! didn't have time to check when we were out there on sept. long, too busy getting things ready for winter
sure was glad we were on the west side for those big storms, we were up there for 2 of them thought the trailer was going into the lake;lol
my wife's uncle had5 or 6 go over by his cabin( he is just north of mowery, inside the park boundary)
that's too bad you didn't get to enjoy more, i have 2 young boys so if they weren't sleeping or eating(which they never seem to stop;lol)
they wanted to be on the lake
of course the nicest week of the whole summer is right now - the kids are back in school and i am back at work
maybe next year we will get to have summer
if decide to part ways with your boat in the next year or two let me know as i think i am going to upgrade or put a tower on mine
depends what the boss will let me spend;lol
take care , and enjoy your winter!!!

Man, When you guys jet ski do you wear thermal long johns under your swim suit....snow in June...amazing

The weather here (180kms NW Ottawa) is SHIT.

I just came back from 9 days in Vancouver & Victoria & Nanaimo. It was 25+ every day. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm back, and there's a frost warning.

I'm freaking out. I thought I could get a few weeks of boating still., but I don't want irreversible damage on the boat.

What do you folks recommend? Ottawa & surrounding., when do people put their boats away?

BTW>, if you know of a good winterizing place in Ottawa'ish., & heated storage facility or Shrink-wrapper., Drop me a line please.

I'm thinking of buying the flame throwing gun myself, but dont' exactly need a full ROLL of shrink-wrap. That's the problem LOL. I know how to do it myself....but where to source the WRAP.

I got $250tax-in for twin-rotax Winterization so far. $10/ft Shrink-wrapping.

I was out 3 days ago, about low 80's F.
Overnight it was 38 degrees F in Detroit area...actually 40 miles NW of it.
Less than 2 weeks ago it was 95 F.

Yes last Saturday it was +28c sat on the beach all day, not a ripple in the water,had a couple wobbly pops.It was and excellent boating day in witch we don't get many. The boat is in the driveway all winterized, the docks up on the shore. Sunday had to start up the fireplace in the cabin, was glad enerything is ready for winter because you never know around here.:cheers:

Yes last Saturday it was +28c sat on the beach all day...The boat is in the driveway all winterized...
Good Heavens.

From a +28C day, to having the boat winterized within the week. It must take some serious discipline, NOT to keep it out just for one last go?

Should I seriously consider getting this done now & call it a season?

Well here we are , a new season 2012. Was up to Brightsand Lake last weekend and the water level is a way down, should be able to sell and other row of lake fronts ha ha. May long I think the docks should go back in, there is still Ice in the middle of the lake but warm weather predicted all week now. rigstar hope to run into this year on the lake for a couple:lol:

thanks for the update!! kinda figured the lake would be low this year with the lack of snow we had.
we are going up for the may long, see how things weathered the winter. probably going to end up putting
the boat in the water, last may long the boys were in, they were almost blue;lol
not going to get to spend as much time there this year - work, but the boss and the kids are going to spend
most of the summer there.
do you know if the seadoo dealer in llloyd (rectech i think) does tower installs?
take care, and yes we have to try and get together for a soda

hey man,
yup were still there, haven't spent much time there
ten days after the kids got out of school,
hoping to spend the last 3 weeks of august there, depending on work, but so
far seems to be working out alright

rigstar we cruised by last Saturday and the prier Saturday, a few people out on the docks there, dint really know what to look for if you were out anyway, just killing the day and soaking up the hot sun and some pops. We have holidays last week in july and first week in Aug. we go up most weekends anyway. Maybe catch you out there one day.

yup for sure,
my boat was the one on the lift away from the dock, black and white in color, gray cover on bow and cockpit.
just put in stainlesss wear rings and 12/15 impellers what a difference in hole shot. hopefully won't get as much wear
on the rings now that they are stainless with all the sand in the lake, my others ones were wore right out after last year.
not to bad an afternoon 2 change both out.

Back