what's the weather like???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rigstar

hello,
anyone know what the lakes around lloydminster are doing?
specifically brightsand??
is the ice of yet, i know it might be a little early yet, but
getting spring fever bad, been a long winter
thanks

i am hoping by may long it is, we will be out.
do you boat(have a place at brightsand) as well?

Ya we got a cabin at evergreen beach, and yes a challenger 230, how about you do you have a place at brightsand as well ?:cheers:

evergreen, that is up on the northeast side ?, i think that is where my wife's uncle has a cabin.
yes we are as well, just got a place at Diamond willows estates last year, kinda on the
southwest corner of the lake. we got the utopia you see in the pic.
i see you live in maidstone, my wife's mom was from there. there last name was Hall
will you be out at the lake on the may long?

Ya we are hoping to put the dock in that weekend, if the ice gets off, they say Turtle is still froze to the shore yet, we are about midway on the east side of the lake, south of Mowerybeach and the Reginal park. Im pretty sure its going to be cold putting in the dock and Lift. Last year it was 7 hrs. putting in the dock ,6hrs on the boat,6hrs pulling the dock and lift, there was not to many good weekends last summer, they are predicting hot and dry summer this year. We anchor strait east across the lake from you , there is a real nice spot were the sand goes out about 300 plus feet, nice spot to meet and soak up the sun. We do a fair bit of Quading up on the fire guard as well.

yeah, i know, that was our first summer there, we only got in a few weeks there, hoping to spend 6 weeks there
this summer in july and aug. work permitting;lol
will be our first summer with the boat as well, hoping we made a good choice, went with the seadoo so we could dock closer to shore
pretty shallow on our side.
will have to come over and check it out, sounds like a nice spot
have you had any luck w/ fishing on the lake? know of any good spots?
or is just better to head over to turtle?

They the fish are few and far between, but when you do catch one there huge, generally throw those back there breeders, if you go to the north end and troll out in 17 ft of water in front of the change houses at the park is were we have had a little luck, and at the far south east corner for perch. They have been stocking the lake but I think the big boys eat them up, lots of white fish as well, there hard on the eggs.Well maybe see you out there some time. We take the last week in July and the first week in Aug.

yeah that's what i've heard, the fishing is really slow, thanks for the tips though.
my boys don't really like to eat fish,lol, so its all catch and release
and those are the 2 weeks that i have to go back to work, but who knows maybe
we'll meet up for a soda on the sand bar sometime :cheers:
and let's hope the water isn't too cold for putting in the lifts and docks, might just need
more anitfreeze

Talked to someone today and the ice is out about 200ft from shore now, that sun better get a blazing to warm that lake up, to put the docks in. No docks no boat, really no place to park the boat without a lift that is close by, We have a few bolders out in front and sand between them. I just hate loading and unloading to use it for a day, up to the park is were we launch. I suppose if we get some wind,HUMMM at Brightsand lake whats the chances HAHA that ice should breakup and melt away a lot quicker. :hurray:

Lake Report today is Ice is now off Brightsand lake and a few Bergs up on the north shore, Brrrr the boys will be hiding for a week or so !:cuss:

thanks for the update,
yep still will be very chilly, thinking about bringing the hip waders to put lift in
my kids still think they want to go tubing or something that weekend;lol

Ya it just amazes me how resilient them kids are in the Cold water,there lips are blue and there looking for more. Going to load up the Rhino this afternoon and haul it back to the lake, then maybe clean up around the cabin for a bit ,then Refreshments then a little work then Refreshments , don't know why the old lady sends me up alone to get it ready for the season, then Refreshments. Usually a couple buddies of mine are on the same mission to,then Refreshments.

LOL, yup i am heading up on tuesday, to bring a load of stuff up, and get things set up for the weekend, then back to edmonton,
and then back thurs. afternoon for the weekend, little bit of driving to do,lol
might even put the lift in tues. afternoon if i am feeling energitic, depends how many sodas
here's hoping for a nice weekend!

I was up on the weekend and the ice is totally gone, it never stood a chance with the wind we had there, mega white caps and it blooow all day today as well. Sure hope this is not going to happen all summer. The guys are talking dock install this weekend, it better straighten up by then. I don't think we gained an Inch in the level this year again,everyone is saying to slow of a thaw and it soaked in, I'm starting to think the plug is leaking ha ha, oh and believe it or not a grader was out on the grids as well, not to rough at all lots of dust though. Friday on the way up near Mernas store I seen a water bomber coming off the lake as well, it was headed North then a little plane and helly after that, weird they were taking water there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put my jetskis in the water today from Toronto and went for a quick rip in the lake... weather was actually great, got a little chilly towards the end of the day, so a decent neoprene jacket worked wonders.

how was your weekend at the lake?
ours was great boat ran really good, have a few questions for the experts here but will post in another spot.
got the lift in, holly sh*t it was chilly, kids didn't seem to mind,
got in almost 12 hours on the boat, tubing and kneeboarding
were you still there for the gale force wind on sun.night? thought our trailer was going to end up in the water;lol

Saterday 6.5 Hrs putting the docks,Just beat, Sun. put in the buddys Pontoon boat, adjusted all the lifts, moved some, then headed out on the pontoon when the rain and wind hit. So got drenched and went to the covered deck for refreshments and got ate by the Mosquitos. My boat is still in the barn till this weekend if it smartens up. Monday morning was plus 2 burrr

yeah we just got back in about 1/2 hr before the wind started, no rain on our side though, looked like you guys
got poured on though
it was cold mon. morning, forgot the cell phones in the boat on sun. and had to wade out(no dock)to the lift to retrieve them,
don't know if the boys will ever forgive me,lol
we won't be back until end of june now, i am hoping we have summer by then;lol
do the fish cops come out on the lake much - checking for boat and fishing license's?
do you know if they give a guy much grief about having sodas in the boat?
hope you have some good weather this weekend, and are able to get out

Not much if any for lake patrol, there all over at Turtle were all the action is, they can have it. We keep the refreshments under control, on the pontoon boat the buddy has a porta potty on it so its legal. Some other frends of mine caught 3 in front of the park 5lbs and two 3s

glad to hear they stay over there,
yeah , just like to have a couple while out in the sun, don't want to many towing the kids around,
and the boss wouldn't let me have more than 1 or 2 anyways;lol
what did they catch slough sharks, whites, eyes?

They were jacks. Ya head office can be fairly stern at times, guess its a mother thing, and we dont know nothing ha ha

Ya Whisky I hear you guys were around 30c yesterday, must be nice, we still got the weather fronts on our boats here.:lol:

Back