What's the thread-size on the 800 exhaust clamp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

IDoSeaDoo

Lost the nut to the V-Band clamp on my 97xp with an 800 engine (carb version). If anyone could tell me the thread size for that clamp, I'd be very grateful, as I cannot find a nut to go back on it anywhere :( If you have that nut laying around, I'd love to buy it from you.

thanks,

Andrew

M8-.80??

So, I took the exhaust clamp to my local auto parts store, where they tried selling me an M8-1.0, which is the finest thread size available (anywhere). That didn't work, and putting a special gauge on the thread, we discovered that the thread size is actually M8-.80 I spent about an hour scowering the internet for this size nut, with absolutely no luck. They simply don't make that size. So what I did was buy an M8-1.25 stainless bolt, cut off it's hex head, cut off the M8-.8 threads off the clamp, and TIG weld the new threads in its place.

Problem Solved!

For about $20, I could have bought another clamp assembly from ebay. However, I love welding and am too impatient to deal with delivery time.

fixed the clamp

Took the clamp down to an Advance Auto, and they told me it was a M8-.8 Could not find that size ANYWHERE (even online), so I cut off the thread and welded on a M8-1.25 Problem solved! :)

I bought a ski which had a missing clamp bolt. I measured it with a thread gauge and it is 5/16-24 and replacement stainless bolts are readily available.

Back