What Towing Vehicle.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

D 5UPE

Premium Member
Premium Member
What do you tow your boat/Jetski around with?

I use an old 93 Mitsubishi Pajero short wheel base.
It has a small winch on the front bumper for pulling the trailer and ski out of the sand. It does the job well enough.;)
My first one was a Subaru Legacy estate. Only got stuck twice but it pulled itself out and nearly burned the clutch right out, doing it.

Pajero.
IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 04 GMC Sierra. Anyone else use a pickup? Isnt it a pain tryin to back in the trailer with no jet ski on it.
I had a buddy of mine whos a pro truck driver teach me how to use the mirrors its much easier

LoL, Im an Ex articulated vehicle driver. And I still have problems reversing.
Secret is.........if you see it in your side mirror turn the wheel in that direction
to correct it.
Slight turns of the wheel are better.
But if you lose it, pull forward and start off again.
You can end up in a mess if you dont.:redface:

I also use a pick\up and am a tanker driver for a oil co. and the first time I backed the trailer in the water without the ski was fun I had to wait till it was in my mirrors to see were it was. :rofl:21.jpg

Am I a wus or what?

Man, ya'll make me feel like such a wuss!.........I don't have any of these nice vehicles to pull my challenger down the road.
I use my craftsman lawn tractor to carry my boat down to my bulkhead, total drive time in 5th gear is about 10 minutes. Then I back up to my slide and with a strap winch attached on the back side of the slide, I pull it off the trailor and into the water. It's easier pulling it out than putting it in.
But I wish I had that cool ride you got there Dave!.........:rofl:

I use a 2005 Trailblazer RWD ( i actually pulled out a Toyota Highlander that was towing two waverunners out of the ramp.....sucks to have a FWD...LOL ). The trailblazer gets the job done, although its a pain to back up the trailer when its empty.

80003296.RHR4VgKh.CIMG2508Medium.JPG

Hi Jeff, any pics of the Trailblazer.
We dont have them over here.
There probably are some. But thin on the ground.

Its pulling out off the sand we do at our local launch site.
So 4 wheel drive is a must.

Very nice.
And you probably dont feel anything on the back of it. :)

We sit on the right over here. The correct side. :rofl:
So you dont get many left hand drives imported over here.

It would depend on where you launch Kayak.
And can you get a towbar to fit on them?

We dont have that make over England.
But it looks nice.:)

Is it 4 wheel drive?

dsc00135mj5.jpg

Since you like it, here's another pic. :hurray:

I tought this car was sold in the UK as a 323f or Familia, something? Anyhow, it's a Mazda.

And I've seen one towing a seadoo once but I always wondering wouldn't that be harsh for the transmission, what about slipping on ramps?
Oh, and it is FWD car.

ahhhhhhhhhh!

Its a Mazda.:redface:
Yeah we have those.
I bought one for my wife a few years ago for xmas. It was an early one with flip up headlights. And called a Mazda 323 fastback.

:auto::coolgleam:

It looks very sporty, Kayak.
And should do the job no problem.
I found some winches on ebay that might be a good way of getting your ski up ramp if its slimey. They clip onto the towbar and are 12v.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-HEAVY-DUT...ryZ66938QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back