What happens when your SC blows up?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brantnewb

Still looking at Sportsters and leaning towards the 155 due to them not being prone to EXPLODING!

Seriously, what happens when the supercharger goes? Does it blow apart? Shrapnel everywhere? Some of the things I've read sound pretty scary to a sea doo newb......

If I bought a low hour 215 with the SC rebuilt 30 hours ago, should I be worried?

Still looking at Sportsters and leaning towards the 155 due to them not being prone to EXPLODING!

Seriously, what happens when the supercharger goes? Does it blow apart? Shrapnel everywhere? Some of the things I've read sound pretty scary to a sea doo newb......

If I bought a low hour 215 with the SC rebuilt 30 hours ago, should I be worried?
The seadoo supercharger are fairly reliable if you keep up with maintenance and rebuild them around 100hours. What happens is the ceramic clutch washers in older models can fracture and break loose into the engine causing an engine full of abrasive materials slowly ruining the oil pumps and bearings inside the engine. The seadoo upgrade seadoo rebuild kits are rated for 200 hours and use better parts in their kits.

Your supercharger may begin to slip and you will loose performance but once it goes you won't be able to go above 40mph because you will have no boost

So you should have plenty of notice before a catastrophic failure then. Ok, I feel better about them now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back