Supercharger Melt Down - Your opinion wanted

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brief look over is usually fine and only do so after getting it back from the dealership, just to make sure everything is secured. Do have to say, the SeaDek is AMAZING!! Have it on my boat and by far better than the carpet!! Very comfortable to walk barefoot on, still grippy when wet, and don't have to deal with mold issues. I am also not a fan of snap on carpet as when I had my Yamaha that had it, and pulled the carpet off to clean the mildew, I managed to slice my foot against one of those snap in receiver in the fiberglass. Then had to deal with a few of those connection points coming out of the fiberglass and trying to replace them or secure them back in. With SeaDek, it's something I am VERY thankful for!

Next time I am free, will definitely check out a transom light install. The listing issue is just when I have a lot of people and not really weighted evenly. But if I try to go fast and turn right hard, it just lists. Left is perfectly level and absolutely terrifying how well it turns for anyone on a tube. That being said, my steering setup could be an issue as I had the joy of finding out what happens when you lose one of the steering rod bolts. It's a lot worse with thrust vectors installed. The rod went straight back and under the thrust vector fins, forcing it up into the reverse bucket. Ultimately, I have one thrust vector flapping around and the other jammed up, with steering only to one jet nozzle and even then, it's restricted from the pole stuck. And with the reverse bucket jammed up, I couldn't go into neutral or reverse. Made for a great time trying to get someone off at the dock to get the truck and trailer. Almost hit a boat twice, hit the dock faster than I wanted to (thankfully no damage) and remembering that there exists a safety feature of not turning your engines on when not in neutral. One lousy bolt gave me such a headache and probably may have caused my steering issues. Since I don't know how to do the steering alignment, i'm having the dealership do it.

Anyways, glad you're enjoying the boat and the sound system! Very jealous of your 3 amps and amazing sound system! Hopefully you can find the fuel issue and the starting issue, but glad you can enjoy the boat again!

Brief look over is usually fine and only do so after getting it back from the dealership, just to make sure everything is secured. Do have to say, the SeaDek is AMAZING!! Have it on my boat and by far better than the carpet!! Very comfortable to walk barefoot on, still grippy when wet, and don't have to deal with mold issues. I am also not a fan of snap on carpet as when I had my Yamaha that had it, and pulled the carpet off to clean the mildew, I managed to slice my foot against one of those snap in receiver in the fiberglass. Then had to deal with a few of those connection points coming out of the fiberglass and trying to replace them or secure them back in. With SeaDek, it's something I am VERY thankful for!

Next time I am free, will definitely check out a transom light install. The listing issue is just when I have a lot of people and not really weighted evenly. But if I try to go fast and turn right hard, it just lists. Left is perfectly level and absolutely terrifying how well it turns for anyone on a tube. That being said, my steering setup could be an issue as I had the joy of finding out what happens when you lose one of the steering rod bolts. It's a lot worse with thrust vectors installed. The rod went straight back and under the thrust vector fins, forcing it up into the reverse bucket. Ultimately, I have one thrust vector flapping around and the other jammed up, with steering only to one jet nozzle and even then, it's restricted from the pole stuck. And with the reverse bucket jammed up, I couldn't go into neutral or reverse. Made for a great time trying to get someone off at the dock to get the truck and trailer. Almost hit a boat twice, hit the dock faster than I wanted to (thankfully no damage) and remembering that there exists a safety feature of not turning your engines on when not in neutral. One lousy bolt gave me such a headache and probably may have caused my steering issues. Since I don't know how to do the steering alignment, i'm having the dealership do it.

Anyways, glad you're enjoying the boat and the sound system! Very jealous of your 3 amps and amazing sound system! Hopefully you can find the fuel issue and the starting issue, but glad you can enjoy the boat again!

Did you scrap the thrust vectors after that incident?

@go_panthers I did not. Nothing was wrong with them. In order to install them, you need to attach them to the top and bottom of the jet nozzle. On the bottom side, you take the screw out of the steering rod and then put it back and through the thrust vector mount. So when that bolt came out, the thrust vector was only connected by the top mount. And with the rod free, instead of being parallel with the transom, it's pointed straight behind the boat by getting under the still connected thrust vector. And since the thrust vector has those springs for it to go up at higher speeds, the rod forced it to up as if it were higher speeds. So when the tech at the dealership looked at it, they fixed the threading, as it wasn't looking clean, and reconnected the thrust vector when putting in the new bolt.

That said, I definitely will be ordering the newer thrust vectors with the design to prevent the thrust vector from getting under the reverse bucket. Besides that mess, I occasionally have issues around the dock turning and going between forward, neutral, and reverse and getting stuck in one of those position because the thrust vector got caught in the reverse bucket.

@go_panthers I did not. Nothing was wrong with them. In order to install them, you need to attach them to the top and bottom of the jet nozzle. On the bottom side, you take the screw out of the steering rod and then put it back and through the thrust vector mount. So when that bolt came out, the thrust vector was only connected by the top mount. And with the rod free, instead of being parallel with the transom, it's pointed straight behind the boat by getting under the still connected thrust vector. And since the thrust vector has those springs for it to go up at higher speeds, the rod forced it to up as if it were higher speeds. So when the tech at the dealership looked at it, they fixed the threading, as it wasn't looking clean, and reconnected the thrust vector when putting in the new bolt.

That said, I definitely will be ordering the newer thrust vectors with the design to prevent the thrust vector from getting under the reverse bucket. Besides that mess, I occasionally have issues around the dock turning and going between forward, neutral, and reverse and getting stuck in one of those position because the thrust vector got caught in the reverse bucket.

Thanks for the reply. I can’t imagine losing control near the docks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back