what gains should I expect to see??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydipps

I went a head and convinced myself to order a new impeller and wear ring.. my current list of mods are small.. 4 inch kanaflex intake, ride plate hole filled, riva pump wedge, rive top loader, and a free flow exhaust. I ordered a 14/19 solas.. roughly how many mph should I expect to see ? i topped out at 68 last year.. should I be able to hit 70 ?

You'll probably lose some with the 14/19. Should've went with a 14/17. I doubt you can hit 8100 with that tall of a pitch. I have the same mods as you minus the pump wedge and I see 8150 on a cool day and 8000 on a warm day.

With better air and a few more hull/handling mods than you have I was able to twist a 14/19-2mm to almost 70.

As you stand right now with a 14/19...I'm betting you see 64-65mph @ 7700.

With better air and a few more hull/handling mods than you have I was able to twist a 14/19-2mm to almost 70.

As you stand right now with a 14/19...I'm betting you see 64-65mph @ 7700.

Really? You think I'd see a decrease in speed? As far as better air, what do you suggest? I already have a 4 inch sc adapter with kanaflex and a velocity stack

The only reason I went with a 14/19 was because I was recommended it from my list of mods in conjunction with my future mods

The only reason I went with a 14/19 was because I was recommended it from my list of mods in conjunction with my future mods

Do your future mods include a SC and intercooler upgrade and injectors and purl pressure regulator? That should allow you to spin that impeller fast enough to put you over 70.

What kinda r's are you seeing now?

Reason being...if you aren't all over the limiter now...a 14/19's gonna eat some of that....and you aren't turning fast enough it just gets worse.

The balance point is incredibly fine.

For instance.....

I went with a rear air...all over the limiter....14/19 dropped me down, can't remember how far...(logs have long since been deleted)...so by taking out a coupla mm...I got my r's back up but still wasn't quite enough to push me over the magic 70 mark.

I didn't crack the 70 mark till I had my S3 installed....then I was able to take my 14/19 the other way...and not only bring the prop back those 2mm I'd removed earlier...but added a coupla more. What happened then...my r's dropped...more than I had wanted...8050-7950 in the heat....but speed had increased...because I was pushin more water. I've tried moving my 14/19 all over the place....leading edge...trailing edge....nada. Untill I add an exic and some more fuel...I'm at a ceiling. Course...when that day comes that those two pieces drop into my hands...I'll drop in a 15/20 and then start saving up for some blockoffs....cause this thing is bouncin now at just over 72.....with more hp...it won't matter if I ever find flat water...cause I won't be able to fly a superman to max out my ride.

Once you start tweekin your prop...you'll see what I mean.

Et 127 and 42lb injectors after this season when I send it out for a rebuild.. I know I was close to the limiter last year if my memory serves me right... It was 67.9 @ 8040, last year... Haven't had a chance to go out this year I'm hoping Monday I can take it out to get some quality runs in.. I may consider holding off putting the prop in until after the season.. I was hoping it would give me a mph or two.. Just hoping to go a little faster this year then last year.. I also trimmed my reverse bucket and filled my ride plate holes, again, this winter

Okay....you got more mods comin...cool. Keep in mind14/19 is like a stage2 prop for an rxt. w/o the other goodies to make it work properly it's gonna under perform.

Drop that 14/19 in and see what it does. if you lose too many r's and it costs you some speed as well..tweek that prop and get some r's back. My bet that you see more speed than you have now...even if you don't turn max r's.

Remember...I was turnin 72.7@ 8050...on a cool mornin w/ low fuel on almost glass. that's a 100rpm down....but when I've tried to remove another mm outa the prop in order to get back on the limiter...my speed suffered.

There is no hard fast rules here. There is some past experience with which to compare....even so...the pool of information isn't huge. All skis are different...at east a lil bit. you still are gonna be missing a few variables that I have installed on my ski. So all things being equal...our results will not be the same.

Cool?

Last edited by a moderator:
Et 127 and 42lb injectors after this season when I send it out for a rebuild.. I know I was close to the limiter last year if my memory serves me right... It was 67.9 @ 8040, last year... Haven't had a chance to go out this year I'm hoping Monday I can take it out to get some quality runs in.. I may consider holding off putting the prop in until after the season.. I was hoping it would give me a mph or two.. Just hoping to go a little faster this year then last year.. I also trimmed my reverse bucket and filled my ride plate holes, again, this winter

If that 4" front air didn't have you all over the limiter last year...then I more than stand by my first post. you don't by chance have a filter on that thing do you?

So a fizzle should put a rxt or gtx 215 all over the limiter with a stock impeller? I have a wedge, grate, and opas block offs on my rxt and I see 7800 at 64 mph on a warm day full of fuel. I haven't tested it low on fuel yet. Last year I saw 7850 at 63.5 on a warm day consistant, but over the winter I put in a new wear ring, wedge, and had impros reman my impeller. I did see 8050 on time last fall, but it was like 62 out and I didn't have the gps with me. Would the fizzle add the rpm to get it to around 8000? Its a tempting mod at the closeout price.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a fizzle should put a rxt or gtx 215 all over the limiter with a stock impeller? I have a wedge, grate, and opas block offs on my rxt and I see 7800 at 64 mph on a warm day full of fuel. I haven't tested it low on fuel yet. Last year I saw 7850 at 63.5 on a warm day consistant, but over the winter I put in a new wear ring, wedge, and had impros reman my impeller. I did see 8050 on time last fall, but it was like 62 out and I didn't have the gps with me. Would the fizzle add the rpm to get it to around 8000? Its a tempting mod at the closeout price.

Will it put you on the limiter? Maybe. That and a free flow exhaust should do it. Either way the intake alone will help you regardless whether it puts you on the limiter or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back