What Bad Bearings Look Like

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmith78

So, I bought a new (to me) 2002 GTX with single place trailer a couple weeks ago. The trailer is 9 years old also and the previous owner never repacked the wheel bearings. He only greased the bearing buddies, or so he told me. The grease in the hubs was light beige in color and was definately infiltrated with water so I decided to repack them. After cleaning the bearings this is what the inner bearing on both sides looked like. I replaced them with new ones 1-1/16" and repacked with marine grease. I plan on repacking them every year now after seeing these. The tires have dry rot also bad so that is next on my list.

I put 40" PVC guides on the back of the trailer before I even took it to the boat ramp to help me back it up. I have a Avalanche as a tow vehicle and can't see the narrow trailer without the Ski on the trailer. The guides work very well and are very visible when retreiving the boat.

I still need a few things like a keel roller in the front to help keep the front from droping or maybe I need to lower the bow roller a bit. A spare tire is also in my future plans.

Attachments

• bearing.jpg
    bearing.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back