what about new carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

faded

97 gsx. less than 80 hours but it has no "punch". i'm getting ready to change out my gray fuel lines and am looking at the drawings for the carbs. i see internal fuel filters so i'm thinking the carbs need to be torn down to do this right. no sense in putting in clean lines if the filters are already clogged. i assume. it needs something though. it is hella fast at the top end but i have to pump the throttle to get it up on plane and to pop up out of hole shots.

so, ......................... what about a new set of carbs? is there an upgrade to stock carbs that i may be happier with. i have money to spend and i really like this ride. my buddy has referred me to a site called "riva" but i have no idea what i'm looking for. i want something that can pop my 200+ pounds up and out of the hole and still carry my top speed. :hat:

nothing wrong with the stock carbs, dude. Need to just clean/rebuild them. Start messing with upgrading/performance?..think you have problems now,.......:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing wrong with the stock carbs, dude. Need to just clean/rebuild them. Start messing with upgrading/performance?..think you have problems now,...:cheers:

that's what i thought. i like that better anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grey fuel lines?......

Your model doesn't use the carbs with the accelerator pump so it's probably just gunk in your internal filters. Hopefully, nothing got passed them and you'll be able to clean everything up and be on your way...........:cheers:

Your model doesn't use the carbs with the accelerator pump so it's probably just gunk in your internal filters. Hopefully, nothing got passed them and you'll be able to clean everything up and be on your way...........:cheers:

so i really should pull those? looks like i have to tear them all down to do this, no? carbs make me nervous. it needs something though and from all i am continously told is that it's gonna be those filters. the main filter looked pretty clean. the motor only has 80 hours. it looks brand new.

i don't have carb pics but i can get some. it's hella clean.

IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0319.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back