Wear Ring Replacement Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricSki8

I have a 2011 Seadoo GTI SE 130 that I will be winterizing soon. I was also thinking about doing the wear ring as well since there is scoring around the sides. May even replace with a solas impeller. Anyways, with the wear ring change, you take the jet pump out to get to it:
(a) Do most of you put the jet pump in the freezer to make it easier to get the wear ring out?
(b)And do you use a specific bracket or brace on the driveshaft while you have the jet pump off the ski? Or is it ok not to use a bracket on the driveshaft?

Thanks!

I have a 2011 Seadoo GTI SE 130 that I will be winterizing soon. I was also thinking about doing the wear ring as well since there is scoring around the sides. May even replace with a solas impeller. Anyways, with the wear ring change, you take the jet pump out to get to it:
(a) Do most of you put the jet pump in the freezer to make it easier to get the wear ring out?
(b)And do you use a specific bracket or brace on the driveshaft while you have the jet pump off the ski? Or is it ok not to use a bracket on the driveshaft?

Thanks!
I use a pinecone to support my shaft when the pumps off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back