water spots on hood

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

twomad

2011 gti with black hood that has water stains on an can't remove them. I have tryed cleaner wax,detailing spray. I don't know what to use to clean it with. any help would be great.

A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Or if you can find it at a marine shop or your dealer...a product called Mr.Duckey. Its pricey, like say $15 a bottle but it smells purdy

Magic eraser will leave fine scotches on the black finish. I just use Meguires soap and soft water. I also have the black GTI SE so I know what your going though. I think he meant Just Ducky not Mr Duckey as the water spot remover and yes it does work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I stand corrected. Just found a bottle of it in the garage. Product name- DUCKY 32oz. at the dealer for $12.95 Got a little duck wearing shades on the front label.

thanks for the replies i have never had such a hard time cleaning a finish like that the ski is only used in fresh water and cleaned a lot. i will try those tips thanks again

A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Or if you can find it at a marine shop or your dealer...a product called Mr.Duckey. Its pricey, like say $15 a bottle but it smells purdy

thanks for the tip on the vinegar/water it worked awesome an the ski hasn't look this good since i bought it

Yeah, its funny. Sometimes the cheapest and simplest fixes work out for the best.
Glad you're happy with the results.
Once you remove that stubborn spotting I suggest laying down a protective coat of polish and wax as well. I prefer the Meguiars Marine RV product line.

A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

Thank you muchly Door54.

Tried it and it worked like a damn!!! My wife liked the cheapness of it.......

The downside?

Every time we take it out I have this irresistible urge for french fries! :D

Now that it's clean... put a coat of wax on it. That will keep the stains in check.

The downside?

Every time we take it out I have this irresistible urge for french fries! :D

Funny...

My old shop truck was a Diesel, and I was making Bio-Fuel for it. (from old fry oil) I felt the same way whenever I was driving it with the windows down. (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back