water filter...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

timmyboy76

throw'n the idea, of install'n a water in-line filter. I'd rather rip the ocean up, since its an arm and leg to truck to river plus hotel..etc, so figur'n this idea. Not that it'll filter the salt, but to hve in general.

Anybody have pros and cons on this subject. Only con I think is, when flushing motor, since the filter, somewhat sure its 1-way, that it'll not allow watewr to escape at pump, when on normal flushing it does...?

I wonder the same

Sorry Timmy I dont have anything to add but do want to say that I have wondered the same?:agree:

So, if you are not filtering the salt, then what ARE you filtering?

any filter that will catch the salt will slow down your flow to just a trickle, and would starve your engine of water.

Royce, we just inherited a house in South Padre Island. Where are you located? How is the boating and doo-ing down there?

I mostly just surf when I go down south.

any filter that will catch the salt will slow down your flow to just a trickle, and would starve your engine of water.

Royce, we just inherited a house in South Padre Island. Where are you located? How is the boating and doo-ing down there?

nothing, just to make it look cool....:rofl:

filter out sand, little pieces of kelp..etc, I dunno, whatever might be able to go thru the intake tube. Hopefully, the temp sensor will work, if something/s did cause water to stop flow'n.:cheers:

Padre Island!.....

Hey Scooper, I lived at Padre Island. I went to Flour Bluff elementary/high school.......that was many years ago. But, it was a beautiful place.

The filter?.....I don't think most come with check valve in them. I think it's a good idea as long as it's see through and with the right size mesh to filter sand particles, if your a beach rider.

One of my engines (not Rotax) was filled with sand. Both cylinders water jacket, opposite side that water flow came in through, was half way up the walls.......so, it might be a good idea for beach riders to have one.

It should be easy to monitor the water pressure. If you know what you normally get through your "tell tale" line, then look for a significant drop. :cheers:

Snipe, Isn't Flour Bluff in Corpus Christi, at the north end of Padre Island. I lived in Portland for a couple years while the wife finished college at A&M Corpus, and surfed all over around there.

The house we inherited is on South Padre, down by Brownsville.

Pretty, but also getting to be pretty crowded...

The problem with a filter is it won't allow free flow of water if it gets a little too much junk in it, and not an easy thing to empty. Kinda like putting a screen on you intake on the jet pump...sounds good but not practical.

Karl

South Texas

Everybody is correct Portland is by Corpus then you go by Flour Bluff cross the bridge and your in Padre Island where I am at. Drive south 3 hrs you get South Padre Island. I am new here but from San Antonio (3hrs NW) so I have been to all em all the time its all beautiful and great place to be(around spring break mostly haha) if you ask me.. THe big state of Texas tattooed on my back says soo lamo. As far as dooing I have only been 3 times now and I haven't really found the good spot yet. I heard yesterday about a so called "ski canal" its a canal that doesn't have houses build yet and all the jet skis get out there and play so I am going to find more on that ASAP:cheers:

Royce...

I think Timmy is mad because I helped to jack his thread, so just nevermind him :boxing_smiley: :ack:

Put your XP on a trailer and drive onto the beach out by Bob Hall or the old surfer's pier (no pier, just pilings north of Bob Hall). Then pop the trailer off the truck, and back it down into the water by hand until it pops off the trailer, then pull the trailer back up to the sand and out of the water.

Get out there and just jump the waves.

It may help to have a friend or two with you because when you are done, you will be too sore to pull the ski and trailer out by yourself (but I have done it several times).

This is the most fun you can have with a jet ski. It is like riding a dirt bike on moving ground and hills, and if you fall off it doesn't hurt. Try to get trimmed into some waves and of course, nail it and get some killer air-time!

We do this at my folks' house up here in Surfside (south of Houston). It is a major blast :reddevil:

In fact, my dad has gotten too old to paddle surf, so he uses our XP while I surf. I just took one of my old thruster surfboards and put straps on it so he can pull me into waves on the big days, like during hurricanes and such.

It seems that I have read some where that a filter will help keep the tuned exhaust from geting a large grain of sand in it and cloging up. but this info can be wrong so a deep research may be required as were to put the filter and even if this idea is any good. good luck Robin :cheers:

Sounds like fun!! I want to get it out in the surf forsure just wanderin bout the rules/ laws of ridin in surf round here with all the other ppl around

Just stay away from them. When you beach the boat, do it slowly and keep as far from people as possible.

The cops will keep an eye on you to make sure you aren't being stupid, but will leave you alone otherwise.

More importantly, you get too close to some kid and you may have to deal with his father, older brother, and 6 uncles as they close in on you with empty beer bottles :ack:

Royce...

I think Timmy is mad because I helped to jack his thread, so just nevermind him :boxing_smiley: :ack:

you jacked my thread up...thought water strainer was good idea. Use the "where you from" at bottom of home page, wanna hook up w/ people from the hood...:rofl:

Timmy we dont all have to :boxing_smiley: Not everybody can be as lucky as me and Scoop to be livin in the great state of Texas!!:hurray:

Back