Warning - broken exhaust clamps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was winterizing my 2006 gti 130 the other day and noticed a large broken hose clamp sitting in the bottom of the ski near the muffler. Further inspection showed the clamp was missing from the front exhaust hose where it connects to the muffler. The hose was fortunately still connected. A couple of years ago, the hose clamp that connects the front exhaust hose to the resonator broke and flooded and partially sunk the ski. Both hose clamps broke in the same location where the screw housing separated from the band. These hose clamps are a critical part of the exhaust system and if the exhaust hose separates it will sink your ski. As savvy boaters are aware, all critical hoses that would allow water intrusion if disconnected are double clamped and I would strongly suggest that it is done, as I have, for your ski. At a few dollars per clamp, it is cheap insurance against disaster.

A lot of people switch over to stainless t-bolts, its a upgrade from screw clamps.
And torque requirements are often overlooked. There usually depicted on the first pages of the service manual in the diagram section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back