Have you had, or heard of the jetskis having brake/ibr failures?

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had our SEADOO Wake Pro 215 Brake fail as a result of the zinc anode on the back eroding, loosening, and sliding down to prevent the brake from being able to function.

Anode was only a few months old.
It was stored on a floating dock out of the water.
In Delaware C&D Canal so brackish water.

Anyone else have this issue or did our local shop install the part incorrectly? Wanted to know if anyone else had, or heard of something happening on their jetski. Seems like it could pose a dangerous situation. Tired of arguing with the shop about the repair.

I think I might send an email to SEA DOO about the design flaw but wanted to see if this was my shop screwing up or if sea doo needs to reconsider the placement of the zinc anode on the back.

So it eroded around the bolt hole, enlarging the hole, allowing movement of the anode which then jammed your IBR gate? Wow. First I’ve heard of that. Removal and installation is just one bolt torqued to 71”lbs. Anode inspection is monthly, owners manual, with a big note that if there is any play or excessive wear, replace damaged parts. They may be aware of the problem.
I will be checking mine on a more regular basis.
Make sure they installed a Sea-Doo anode and the right one. If not you probably would have recourse.

Last edited:
If a dealer is not able to put a bolt in a hole and tighten the bolt I would be getting worried.
This is a standard Seadoo anode with big letters "Made in China" on it. 271001813

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back