Wake Pro maiden voyage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireontheWater

I thought I would share my first jet ski experience with everyone. It will give some a good laugh and make others groan. My family bought a 2021 Wake Pro 230. Today was the very first time we took it on the water. I took my 6 year old daughter for a quick 5 minute slow ride to experience it. She loved it. I dropped her off and took it out for myself. At about the 10 minute mark my speedometer was reading 50. I then watched the speedometer go to 45, 40, 35... 0. The engine would turn over but it would start. After 30 minutes of giving it a few minutes of break and then retrying, the battery officially drained. I got a tow in and scheduled repair work for a week from today. The icing on the cake is me deciding to too the jet ski off with gas afterwards to make sure it was definitely fueled and not a faulty gauge. I got on the jet ski and opened the fuel cap. I got my portable gas tank above it and unscrewed the gas cap. The gas cap slid out of my hand and fell directly in to the opening of the jet ski gas tank. Im quite certain that won't be covered by warranty. This is my first jet ski experience today.

Sometimes when it rains, it pours... bummer of an ending to your day. I am sure the issue with the ski is probably something minor with a sensor or electronic module of some type. The dealer will probably have it running in no time. I don’t know that the fuel cap from your fuel tank is a major issue, but it will bother you until you get it out. Not sure if the cap floats or sinks, but I suppose the worst thing that could happen is it floats into the fuel level device and interferes with an accurate fuel float reading at full or empty. But with fuel sloshing around all the time, I doubt that would ever happen. I don’t know if I could handle the mental torture of knowing it is in there. But I wouldn’t probably worry about it and just get your ski running and enjoy it on better days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back