Vibrations after sucking up shells

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thagannn

I went to beach at a friends and didn't cut the engine soon enough, I heard a light tapping/scratching noise as it was sucking something up so I cut the engine really quickly. Well I went to leave and it would vibrate heavily when I gave it gas. It idles just fine but anything faster than 3mph is bad. I'm guessing whatever it was (shells or pebbles) it bent the impeller and damaged the wear ring. Is it possible whatever that I sucked up is still in there? I'm just really confused because I went back to the beach and didn't see anything but sticks and mud plus the obvious sand.

sounds like something is still in there. pull the intake grate off and take a look inside.

Likely you will need a new wear ring if you ran it that long. Like he said, remove grate and also check from the pump outlet side too. FYI you can sometimes get small debris out by rocking the boat (Speedster is light enough to do this). Just stand in waist deep water, hold on to stern handles and rock it up and down for 20-30 secs. Carry a dive mask too for underwater inspections.

We've axperienced the same thing a couple of times. Once it was a part of a t-shirt or towel. The other time it was part of a beer can that got stuck on an impellar blade. Both times we limped back to the dock and had to trailer the boat to clear the obstruction. Depending on what you have sucked up, chances are you wear ring shouldn't be damaged bur visually check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back